British Sea Power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexvilagosh

War Child
Anyone else like them?

I'd go as far as saying their album 'The Decline Of British Sea Power' is the best album of the 21st century.

I can't wait for their next album, in 2005 I hope.

Heard them on and off, and I like what I hear.

Greatest album of the (so far very short) century, hard to say. It's absolutely the best band and album name I've heard since 2000, however!

Maybe they'll get massive if they change their image and call themselves something more optimistic like The Rise and Rise of British Seapower.

lol.

Kieran McConville said:
Maybe they'll get massive if they change their image and call themselves something more optimistic like The Rise and Rise of British Seapower.
Haha.

Yes, they have the potential to be massive. Nobody has even heard of them here... they write amazing tunes though.

*bumpity bump from band index*

Don't know if there is another thread around, but the new album, Open Season.....

:ohmy:

Its fucking amazing. Pick it up. You won't regret it.

I haven't heard an album as good as this since OK Computer :drool:

I haven't really been able to get into the new album.. I mean it's good, and enjoyable and all that, but it t'ain't blowin' me little mind! which is most unfortunate.

http://www.soulshine.ca/news/newsarticle.php?nid=1921

British Sea Power: Danger To Corrupt U.S. Minds

Published: 2005-05-05

In yet another case quite similar to turning the word “hash” to “half”, the American music television station known as MTV has deemed the latest single from British Sea Power “improper” for American audiences. Probably the first time anyone has deigned to call the English indie rockers improper, the station cites that the words “wetter and wetter” from “Please Stand Up” are not suitable.

Apt to singing quirky tunes about trees and different types of rocks, it’s very likely “wetter and wetter” was not meant in the viewer-offending context MTV was probably thinking of. However, to take a line from our chart-topping friend 50 Cent’s “Candy Shop”, “I’ll let you lick the lollipop” is used in that context.

Even though the chances are absolutely nil that British Sea Power would be aired on MTV without the ban, the foliage-loving quintet is not very happy about the situation. A steamed-up spokesperson for BSP had this to say to NME.com: “MTV USA have objected to a line in the video saying it doesn't meet standards. What standards does the line “wetter and wetter" violate? We would like to be told why this language from one of our richest, most literate groups is being squashed by a committee of McCarthyites.”

Those who say “MTV be damned!” can check out British Sea Power as they tour Open Season around North America at this very moment. Canada gets just one visit: May 17th at Toronto’s Lee’s Palace. For a full listing of dates, go to www.britishseapower.co.uk.

Writer: Jaclyn Arndt

Elvis Presley said:
Not bad, but I liked them the first time they were out and were called, The Pixies....

~David Spade

Nice try at the jaded hipster thing...might have worked, but the first album had maybe three very short Pixies-influenced rants, the rest was made up of Joy Division/Echo And The Bunnymen/Bowie-influence material.

Back
Top Bottom