British Comedy Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
I really love the imported sitcoms and sketch shows from the UK that we get. They're all hilarious. Favourites:

Coupling
Fawlty Towers
Black Adder
The Sketch Show
The Kumars @ No. 42
Goodness Gracious Me
Harry Enfield's Brand Spanking New Show

We've got some new episodes of Trigger Happy TV coming up, which I personally haven't watched before but my friend said it's a scream. Plus my neighbour lent me a video of three episodes of Only Fools and Horses and I must say that they were all brilliant.

Anyone else likes British comedy?

I tell ya!!! WATCH "THE OFFICE"!!! It is pure GENIUS!!! Has me in stiches!!!

British humour is the BEST!!! :) Fawlty Towers is CLASSIC! :)

I've only seen Blackadder. :reject:

Oh, I did see one episode of "Coupling" on TV here. It was where a guy met this girl who didn't speak English and due to miscommunication, ended up thinking her name was the (Hebrew? I think she may have been from Israel) word for "breasts." HILARIOUS!! :laugh: :laugh:

I :heart: pommie humour

The Young Ones
Are You Being Served
Men Behaving badly
Keeping Up Appearances
Birds Of A Feather

So many classics...

CLASSIC QUEEN!

109_85_boat.jpg

My all time favorite is I'm Alan Partrige!

alanp02.jpg

Smell my cheese you mother!!

Monty Python's Flying Circus is my favorite. I like Mr. Bean, Fawlty Towers, Keeping Up Apperences and Are You Being Served as well. They're never showed on TV here anymore, and I don't get BBC America. It's not fair. :(

~J

So Graham Norton, Keeping Up Appearances and my absolute favorite is Father Ted!!! I have series 1 & 2 on DVD and I can't wait for them to finally release series 3.

Best Father Ted Episode ever...The Passion of St. Tibulus :lmao:...be careful now...we'll have none of that here!

Angela Harlem said:
I :heart: pommie humour

The Young Ones
Are You Being Served

Without exception - Monty Python and AB FAB

The Youngs Ones - god remember when Mtv was cool?

And Served - Mrs Sloakam's hair and her
catsmile.gif
? And the cheesy archetypes?

I used to watch that on the PBS station when I lived in Alaska and it was about the only channel I got - even my 8 year old neice loved that show.

Did you ever see the So Graham Norton when he goes to Dollywood? Absolutley friggin hilarious. I wish I had know he was going to be here then.:lol:

monty python is some of the funniest stuff i've ever seen, i haven't seen most of the other things people have mentioned

Duh--can't believe I forgot the Young Ones! I just got the entire DVD collection for xmas this past year!

YellowKite said:

Without exception - Monty Python and AB FAB

The Youngs Ones - god remember when Mtv was cool?

Did you ever see the So Graham Norton when he goes to Dollywood? Absolutley friggin hilarious. I wish I had know he was going to be here then.:lol:

i love AB Fab and of course Monty Python. the Young Ones man talk about a blast from the past. lmao! i loved that show when it was on MTV.

i was so mad that i missed So Graham Norton in Dollywood. :down:

however i am watching his show this week from NYC. last night's show killed me. that man cracks me up. :lol:

and Eddie Izzard lmao he had me laughing so hard with his HBO special that my laughter turned to a slient laugh. that has to be the most painful type of laugh.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

i was so mad that i missed So Graham Norton in Dollywood. :down:

and Eddie Izzard lmao he had me laughing so hard with his HBO special that my laughter turned to a slient laugh. that has to be the most painful type of laugh.

I have a copy [albeit a very poor copy] if you REALLY want to see it. And the silent laugh when you can't breathe? and your body clenches up?! Isn't that the definition of a good kind of hurt?

[q]

I have a copy [albeit a very poor copy] if you REALLY want to see it. [/q]

i am sure they will re-air it some day. but thanks for offering. :)

[q] And the silent laugh when you can't breathe? and your body clenches up?! Isn't that the definition of a good kind of hurt? [/q]

:yes: it hurts so good. lol

:der: *edited because i suck at using the quote feature :reject:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom