British Comedy Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are You Being Served? is the best.

cam008-p.jpg

The staff films a commercial for Grace Bros.

German05.jpg

Mrs. Slocombe samples the German wine.

German07.jpg

"I'm freeeeeeee!"

ByAppoint02.jpg

Mrs. Slocombe and Captain Peacock, rehearsing for a royal visit.

Last edited:
AdamsMango said:

i watch like all the other shows on there too..Changing rooms, what not to wear..lol i know they aren't comedy..but i had to mention it

Oh, but Changing Rooms might as well be a comedy many times...especially when the couple doesn't like what the other couple did to their house. lol

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

and changing rooms cracks me up, i like the designer who wears the leather pants and has the long hair. how in the hell can you do home improvements in leather pants? haha

LOLOL :lol:

I forgot his name, but he and Handy Andy hate each other. haha
One time they all had to switch places, and the long haired guy had to do all of the manual labour...and Andy was getting annoyed with him.

senrab said:

LOLOL :lol:

I forgot his name, but he and Handy Andy hate each other. haha
One time they all had to switch places, and the long haired guy had to do all of the manual labour...and Andy was getting annoyed with him.

Do you mean Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen?? For home improvement shows I like Home Front (I don't know if you get it in the US). It's Laurence L-B and a :drool: Irish gardener called Diarmuid Gavin. they do posh 3 week house and garden make overs.

As for comedy....I'm proud to be british when it comes to our TV comedy...:wink:

yertle-the-turtle said:
I liked Vicar of Dibley, although I never quite enjoyed French & Saunders.

I have yet to see French and Saunders...my favorite Vicar of Dibley was when the BBC came to tape a service and the girl who was doing the readings had to read out of an old bible. She couldn't quite get the "f" and "s" straight. lol

adamswildhoney said:
*adds another 3*

Ground Force
Changing Rooms
What not to wear :lmao:

I Ground Force and Changing Rooms too! Although they aren't technically comedies, they are piss funny.

Also the Vicar Of Dibley. Can't believe I forgot it.
Alice is SUCH an idiot!

Alice: "well, the first time the budgie died..."
Vicar: "what do you mean the first time?"
Alice: "Well, he died a few times you see...but anyway, when he came back, he looked slightly different, but what do you expect, he had died after all"

Alice: "knock knock"
Vicar: "who's there?"
Alice: "Elton"
Vicar: "Elton who?"
Alice: "Elton John!"
Vicar: "Alice...with jokes, its meant to be funny"
Alice: "Well dont you think it would be funny if Elton John did knock on your door?"

:lmao:

Sam (Still too lazy to change usernames!): How did it take so long for anyone to mention Only Fools and Horses? It is the architypal, classic brittish commedy of ALL time!!!!

Blackadder is the best though. I could quote all day but i wont bore you guys!!!
Also Red Dwarf is Amazing!
Men Behaving Badly
Im Alan Partridge
Drop the dead donkey

Im bored of lists now!

meegannie said:
Sam (Still too lazy to change usernames!): How did it take so long for anyone to mention Only Fools and Horses? It is the architypal, classic brittish commedy of ALL time!!!!

Blackadder is the best though. I could quote all day but i wont bore you guys!!!
Men Behaving Badly
Im Alan Partridge
Drop the dead donkey

Im bored of lists now!

Don?t waste time with lists. Get offline and, yeah, how long will The Absent One be present?

meegannie said:

Men Behaving Badly
Im Alan Partridge
Drop the dead donkey

Im bored of lists now!

First post, I mentioned I had a video of three episodes of it. Brill comedy though.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
there was a class offered on British sitcoms? :laugh: i love college.

Yep, it was British Sitcoms from 1950-2000. Obviously my prof is British and he's my favorite professor here. He always makes me laugh and we bonded over Alan...hehe.

Back
Top Bottom