Bringin' on the Randoooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
arw9797 said:
so much for taking a shower and going to bed early :der: I guess my post count is more important :reject:

:goofedupNYDsolo!: :drool:
I was gonna go to bed early, too, but hearing about Bruuuuuuuuuuuce is more important. We can sleep when we're dead!

:ohmy: The police just drove by with lights flashing!!! I"m parked facing the wrong way...I hope they're not giving me a ticket...:yikes:

They're looking in a car down the street, also parked facing the wrong way...maybe I should go for a ride around the block...:yikes:

Ok

I got my ticket this morning...row C in the section on what would be Adam's side of the stage (easier to idetify that way!) I was thinking it would be row 3...good. I get there and it ends up being row 1 right up from the floor behind the hockey barrier and it was maybe about 40 feet or so from Bruce. Best large venue seat I've ever had.

It was solo acoustic...Bruce only. So there were rules I guess you could say and they were very emphatic about no cameras and turning your cell phone off. Apparently since it was done theater style you could only leave or come back in between songs and he wanted it to be quiet so it was laid back and low key.

Schmeg said:
:ohmy: The police just drove by with lights flashing!!! I"m parked facing the wrong way...I hope they're not giving me a ticket...:yikes:

You're logged in here from your car??? :ohmy:

OMG another police car just pulled up!!!!!!!!! :faint:

Too much to reply to...give me 45 seconds for each of you!! :lol:

Kariann said:
Ok

I got my ticket this morning...row C in the section on what would be Adam's side of the stage (easier to idetify that way!) I was thinking it would be row 3...good. I get there and it ends up being row 1 right up from the floor behind the hockey barrier and it was maybe about 40 feet or so from Bruce. Best large venue seat I've ever had.

It was solo acoustic...Bruce only. So there were rules I guess you could say and they were very emphatic about no cameras and turning your cell phone off. Apparently since it was done theater style you could only leave or come back in between songs and he wanted it to be quiet so it was laid back and low key.

that sounds really cool!

Kariann said:
Ok

Great seat!!!

I was gonna ask about pictures....that makes sense.

Zootlesque said:

You're logged in here from your car??? :ohmy:
:lmao: Yes, I live in a van down by the river, and I just happen to have WiFi. True story. :yes:

:flood control:

The show was overall awesome. He played stuff he's never played and told some stories that made me giggle. I had read in the paper that he wasnt really going to be doing the classic/popular stuff but I was really holding out for The Rising since I love that song and I've heard it acoustic and loved it still. He did play it! In the paper they mentioned something about he played banjo but that never happened...was really hoping it would.

Schmeg said:

Great seat!!!

I was gonna ask about pictures....that makes sense.

I had my camera but there was security right next to me and I wasnt going to pull out my phone either since it glow and from One with U2 I've learned they stand out. NY said that Bruce had gotten grumpy when people werent quiet etc at a couple of shows he'd been to.

Police update: they let him go, and now they're chatting under the tree.

:pleasedon'tnoticemycarfacingthewrongway: :angel:

Kariann said:
The show was overall awesome. He played stuff he's never played and told some stories that made me giggle. I had read in the paper that he wasnt really going to be doing the classic/popular stuff but I was really holding out for The Rising since I love that song and I've heard it acoustic and loved it still. He did play it! In the paper they mentioned something about he played banjo but that never happened...was really hoping it would.
The Rising must be REALLY good acoustic. :drool:

So anyway the show was awesome and I when he left the first time a bunch of people jumped down or ran up to the stage for the encore. I stayed where I was at so I could still see....so anyway he's playing and part of the house lights are up and he comes over to our side of the stage...there really isnt anyone near me left around so he sings a line...I dont remember the whole thing but it had pretty face in it and he smiles an pointed at me! :D

Final Police Update: They're gone, and they didn't give me a ticket. :dance:

(There are no driveways on this street, just street parking, and I got kind if used to being lazy and not having to walk around my car. :shifty: )

Kariann said:
So anyway the show was awesome and I when he left the first time a bunch of people jumped down or ran up to the stage for the encore. I stayed where I was at so I could still see....so anyway he's playing and part of the house lights are up and he comes over to our side of the stage...there really isnt anyone near me left around so he sings a line...I dont remember the whole thing but it had pretty face in it and he smiles an pointed at me! :D
:ohmy: :hyper: That's awesome!!!! Bruuuuuuuce thinks you're pretty! :cute:

Kariann said:

I planned on calling you so you could hear it but with the turn your phone off warning over the loud speaker 3 times, the rules on the paper you got when you came in and heard as you walked in I was a little scared to even take it out!
They're dangerous things, cell phones...I don't blame you for being paranoid about it!

I turned off the tv to try to hear the police and now it's waaaay too quiet in here. :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom