Bring it on, Ernesto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just want everyone to know that I'm alive...I had to evacuate school because the power went out at 7am and isn't supposed to be back until 4pm Sunday sooooo I'm home for the weekend.

Oh and the power just flickered here :uhoh:

I'll come back with more pictures and details later....there was a foot of standing water outside my dorm :ohmy:

I survived Ernesto last night :wave: Hit a damn monsoon and gusting winds when I was leaving the airport with my guy. By the time we got to our beach hotel it was full fledge. Actually enjoyed it I must confess :wink: Nothing like getting drenched as you run through flooding in the parking lot,lol. Than when we went to dinner the lights flickered a few times. Ended up with over 3 inches of rain but everything is fine now.

U2Dem I hope you are ok as for everyone else who was affected by Ernesto :hug:

No electricity failure, although some drain floods from leaves, which leads to this story about my idiot township workers:

They came around the day before Ernesto with the assigment to clear the leaves off the drains so as not to clog them. So, they picked the leaves up off the drain and put them next to them. Naturally, the rain flow immediately moved the leaves right back on, and one street one under water due to it.

Other than that, no problems. Our neighbor's pool didn't even overflow.

Hope you all on the East coast stay safe and that Ernesto goes away forevermore.

On the West coast we've got a tropical storm in Baja California brewing and we've already begun with some weird overcast and humid weather, rain and thundershowers expected on Monday.

Water got into my car...the floormats are soaking wet and it smells worse than usual :yuck:

I'm back at school now, there are still a ton of trees down along I-64. We got over 9 inches of rain here, but the area's recovering well.

It's okay, there's a lot of traffic since it's labor day weekend (you should have seen the backup around Busch Gardens). Other than that, they just need to keep an eye out for the trees that are on the shoulder that come close to being on the road, and they'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom