Bright Eyes in New York City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackleberry

War Child
Just saw Bright Eyes at Webster Hall last night. Was not as good as I expected. Here are some "high-lights":

1. My girlfriend and I were probably the oldest ones at this show. We were swimming in a sea of high school girlies who adored the lead singer for his "looks" and not so much his "misical way."

2. The opening band, "The Faint," were gawd awful. In fact I felt as if I was in a living nightmare, because they kept playing song after song after song - playing for over an hour - I'm sorry but that's not an opening band!!!

3. Was near the front row in the general admission standing - and got heated and began to fume when the poser high school boys were pushing to get closer to the Faint. My elbow became a "stop sign" for them, as I subtly placed it in their way every time they tried to pass me.

4. When Mr. Bright eyes himself finally came on, it was so late that I didn't even want to stay. I had been there since 7:00pm and it was already 10:30. He only played stuff from his "digital" abum which everyone knows is not as good as Wide Awake. The e proceeded to say "If you wanna hear that folk Sh#t, then go home. None of that's gonna be played tonight!" I'm sorry, Mr. Bright, but aren't you the one that "wrote" that folk sh#t?

5. Left early because I was tired, I am old, and I was expecting a better show. Oh well. Still like the guy's music though. It just seems funny to me that he would try to steer himself away from the folk scene so early on in his career. Maybe when he's been around for 15 years or so, he can pull a U2 and dream it all up again, but he wrote Wide Awake and Digital together, in the same year! What does he want?

Would have liked to have seen him a liitle more mellow on his Wide Awake tour...

sucks to hear that, i actaully wanted to go to his show...i would have preferred the wide awake album tour since i prefer that album a lot more to digital ash...glad i didnt go, im only 19 but i cant stand those high school types that only swoon over looks:madspit: and plus the guy sint even good looking...but thats just me

As a fan of Digital Ash and Bright Eyes all together, I'm still going to have a good time a week from Sunday. I can do without The Faint though.

But yeah I do wish this was touring Wide Awake. It's one of my favorite albums of the last few years.

Bright Eyes are definitely in the top section of my "Musicians I Love But Have Never Seen In Concert" list.

Back
Top Bottom