Bridget Jones - Chubby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: well said dave

Rebekah, i know how you feel. i used to be in sports 24/7 and didnt weigh nearly what i do now. now i look at myself and go eugh, how did THAT happen?
I was anorexic for a while too, and got to a size 1! :yuck:
now Im like an 8. I do kickboxing twice a week now though and its working wonders:D

don't get me wrong, i love renee and bridget jones's diary...but yes, that face! she spends most of her movies (esp. bridget and down with love) with this look like she's about to say "oh" and tilts her head to the side. once or twice is like "hmmm, just fitting into character i guess," but every five seconds is "is this the only emotion she can portray?"

u2bonogirl said:
she looks like somebody stapled her cheeks to her teeth and kicked her in the ass at the same time.....

Or she was in the first Tim Burton Batman movie....

"Braaaand new jooooker produuuucts"

I'm a size 6 right now, but doesn't it seem like the sizes of women's clothing is being cut bigger these days? Is it just my imagination?

dreamingoutloud1 said:
I'm a size 6 right now, but doesn't it seem like the sizes of women's clothing is being cut bigger these days? Is it just my imagination?

Higher end clothing is cut a little more generous than say a budget line is. Plus each companies sizing can vary greatly depending on what source they base their standard measurements from i.e. ASTM, J.C. Penney

So basically that's why you somtimes try on a size 6 at one store and you might be swimming in them and at an other you need to hold your breath to get in it. No wonder why us gals can get neurotic about our bodies :crazy:

dreamingoutloud1 said:
I'm a size 6 right now, but doesn't it seem like the sizes of women's clothing is being cut bigger these days? Is it just my imagination? [/QUOTE

Actually, I read that high end clothes are being cut more true to size lately. For example: Blue Cult, Seven, ect. are cut small if you ask me. Even more common brands like Express, Limited, Abercrombie and Fitcg (where girls could buy a size smaller at one time) have gone true to size....
Who knows?

Seven and other hip young labels are more of a junior/missy size. Express, Limited, Abercrombie and Fitch are moderate priced lines and true to fit still depends on what they base their size 8 blocks on. Mens clothing is much more simple in every aspect. :(

dreamingoutloud1 said:
Why isn't there standardized sizing?

There is. The older version National Bureau of Standards developed complete size range based on frequency measurements from large segments of the population. ASTM developed newer charts but manufacturers/designers still like to develop there own. :shrug:

karmic_postmark said:

There is. The older version National Bureau of Standards developed complete size range based on frequency measurements from large segments of the population. ASTM developed newer charts but manufacturers/designers still like to develop there own. :shrug:

I don't understand why designers have to fiddle with the sizing! Style's one thing, but why do they insist on pissing women off about size?

As you can tell, I hate to shop:yuck:

I hate going in to a store, getting a pair of pants that are "my size" and trying them on....sucking my breath to squeeze my fat arse into them and thinking, ah shite I got FAT
and then being all depressed for the rest of the day
then finding out that the jeans arent standard size:| :madspit:

oh well, at least i feel good later when i find out Im just as fat as usual and not more:p

yeah, i agree not fitting into my "regular" size can really wreck my day for a while...

I'm not that bothered by it anymore though....you can't get stuck on a certain number, when everything varies by cut, brand, designer, etc.

I go by what I see in the mirror. If I'm happy with the way the jeans look, then screw what's on the label!

man i know a girl who classifies jeans into 'A', 'B', and 'C' classes based on how sexy she feels in them.

'A' is the supersexy jeans
'B' is everyday jeans
'C' is "fuck this, i just need some pants on me" jeans

'A' jeans :drool:

Back
Top Bottom