Brian Williams to host SNL November 3rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Ever since this was announced I've been ecstatic :hyper:

BRIAN WILLIAMS TALKS 'SNLS'
By MICHAEL STARR

October 30, 2007 -- IT'S a big week for Brian Williams.
First, he'll moderate tonight's Democratic presidential debate in Philadelphia. Then, on Saturday, he'll put on a funny hat and tell Lindsay Lohan jokes.

“I don't think this will be the day we look back and trace the death of journalism," Williams told The Post yesterday about his “Saturday Night Live" hosting gig this weekend.

The “NBC Nightly News" anchor will become the first network anchor - active or retired - to host “SNL."

“This was really one of the toughest decisions I've ever made," he says. “I think people understand this is my night off. This is not my day job."

Because of his schedule - anchoring “Nightly News" and preparing for tonight's debate - Williams says he has yet to see “a word" of his “SNL" script, and won't know what the writers have in store for him until tomorrow.

“Lorne [Michaels, the show's producer] knew this week was going to be this way for me . . . and realized I'm not going to be the typical guest host. I don't know if any former guest host hosted a presidential debate on Tuesday and did the show on Saturday," he says.

“It's a very odd confluence of events and they can't get their hands on me until [tomorrow]." Turns out, Williams turned down the hosting job once before, after last season's opener, when he appeared on the “Weekend Update" segment, to “try out" for Tina Fey's job (she was leaving to star in “30 Rock").

“I guess I didn't think it was a real invitation," he says. “People had mentioned [hosting the show] to me before . . . but this year they really made it plain they were serious.

“It then became a formal invitation. Lorne Michaels approached me with the Nov. 3 date months ago."

Williams says he “quietly" slipped into a read-through for last month's “SNL" season opener hosted by NBA star LeBron James. “It was a chance to get the culture down," he says. “It was really intoxicating.

“But I quickly learned I'm not good at ‘quietly slipping in,' " he says. “People were saying to me, ‘Are you gonna do ‘SNL?' I saw you at the read-through.

“This is something I wanted to try," he says of Saturday's gig. “My only fear is the good healthy fear of making a total fool out of myself. But I live with that fear every day."

For those who missed his appearance last year it was hysterical:
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/#mea=34381

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Other than the Seth Rogen episode, SNL's been pretty funny so far this season.

I was extremely disappointed with the Rogen ep, mainly because he's one of the 10 funniest guys around right now.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Other than the Seth Rogen episode, SNL's been pretty funny so far this season.

I was extremely disappointed with the Rogen ep, mainly because he's one of the 10 funniest guys around right now.

Really? I loved it!

MacGruber.:lmao:

And what the hell is your av. from?:laugh:

guess what.... y'all better watch SNL tonite for another reason.... :D

lookie what I found:

LOOK FOR BONO ON SNL TONIGHT
November 03, 2007
posted by: m2

Several "little birdies" conspired to get word to us that Bono's visit
to NBC Studios this week involved more than just an interview with
newsman Brian Williams. Yer man was also spotted taking part in
Saturday Night Live rehearsals; Williams is the guest host. Catch it on
NBC at 11:35 pm tonight!

:hyper:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
guess what.... y'all better watch SNL tonite for another reason.... :D

lookie what I found:

LOOK FOR BONO ON SNL TONIGHT
November 03, 2007
posted by: m2

Several "little birdies" conspired to get word to us that Bono's visit
to NBC Studios this week involved more than just an interview with
newsman Brian Williams. Yer man was also spotted taking part in
Saturday Night Live rehearsals; Williams is the guest host. Catch it on
NBC at 11:35 pm tonight!

:hyper:

Oh my gosh...this would totally make me :combust:

Rigth now sony entertaiment is broadcasting a SNL were the special guest was Christofer walken, someone could tell me if that show was from last week please :reject:

:lmao: SOrry! it is so old that mango is on with him :lmao:

Last edited:
Caroni said:
Rigth now sony entertaiment is broadcasting a SNL were the special guest was Christofer walken, someone could tell me if that show was from last week please :reject:

:lmao: SOrry! it is so old that mango is on with him :lmao:

"Can't have-a the Mango!!":laugh:

He's doing an amazing job so far!

I LMAO'ed at the last sketch

Brian as Principal Jeffries: *To Kenan*"You can go to hell."
* To Amy* "You could lose 10 lbs."
*To Andy* "You're gay."

That was a horrible sketch w/the democratic presidential candidates.

Mostly because of the horrible characterization of Mike Gravel. They shouldn't be depicting him as some sort of nutjob just because he's one of the only ones that tells it like it is.

U2Girl1978 said:
I thought Horatio Sanz and Kenan Thompson weren't on the show anymore? :huh:

Kenan is still on there. You might be thinking of Finesse Mitchell that went off 2 years ago.

Horatio isn't. I guess he came back to play Bill Richardson. He played him a couple times years ago. On that note, does it look like he lost weight to anyone else? That was the first thing I noticed when I saw him.

Back
Top Bottom