Brettig - lets look at a positive....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RufusYoungblood

Mr. MacPhisto's Whiney Wench
I haven't watched cricket in two years. I check baggygreen.com.au occasionally, so I'm limited to stats and the occasional report I read.

Question:
Is Adam Gilchrist now the best cricketer in the world? If not, he must be in the top three, surely.

Furthermore, it seems like Hayden and Langer are turning into Greenidge/Haynes.

Again, I'm mainly judging by stats.

------------------
I don't know you, and you don't know the half of it.

Statistically, Adam Gilchrist is the best batsman since Bradman. My top 5 cricketers in the world right now would read like this...

1. Tendulkar
2. Gilchrist
3. Muralitharan
4. McGrath
5. Hayden

Hayden and Langer are better than Greenidge and Haynes, statistically they are the highest averaging opening pair of all time, this record may falter a bit but Id go as far as comparing them to Hobbs and Suttcliffe of England in the 1920s, usually talked about as the best opening pair ever.

thnx for the questions, i love to answer em!
smile.gif

best since Bradman????

oh come on

Thats a VERY big call u just made there. You got to look at it over a much longer time frame than what he's been playing. Nah, no way.

I said statistically. Also Gilchrist has been playing for quite a while now- 30 Test Matches is a significant amount of cricket. Apart from Bradman there is no other player who has played over 30 Tests and has a higher test average than Gilchrist (61.25).

In fact, no other player at all other than Bradman has a higher career batting average than Gilchrist. There cannot be any question of his quality, as Gilchrist has played all his tests against the best opposition in the world right now (eg hes yet to play any tests against weaker opponents like Zimbabwe and Bangladesh).

I know its a huge call, but many more experienced followers of the game than myself have said that theyve never seen anyone better than this guy.

first innings after this thread has started and Hayden, Langer and Gilchrist all fail to get a decent score

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom