Brest, Belarus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So that new Horrors album sounds pretty much like a lost album by The Chameleons. It's obvious who they've got a hard-on about!

Do any of you guys like Sigur Ros? I bought Takk for $8 from JBs the other day and I feel I didn't get my money's worth. Anyone want an extra copy? Come over, we can chill.

I'm down for that!

I have avoided them, and yes, the main reason is because they are foreign. I better say that here, to avoid the risk of being berated into oblivion in B&C ;)

Gabriel is fucking banging, thank god I switched on triple j for five minutes when I did.

All I Know is the melancholy beats that I have come to treasure from Hot Chip.

Holy shit, Axver, did you JUST moments ago rate Tyler the Creator's album? Because it popped up on the RYM feed and about gave me a heart attack when I recognized the username.

Holy shit, Axver, did you JUST moments ago rate Tyler the Creator's album? Because it popped up on the RYM feed and about gave me a heart attack when I recognized the username.

The single. Couldn't be arsed to listen to the whole album.

You know that if people crap on about something enough, I'll break and listen to it! :lol:

In this case "kind of boring, 2/5".

I meant seeing that you rated it on the front page was crazy. I can't ever even catch my ratings on there right after I do them, so seeing one by someone I know was weird.

Ooh yeah, gotcha. I've never seen that happen either ... but then I never go to the front page these days!

Do any of you guys like Sigur Ros? I bought Takk for $8 from JBs the other day and I feel I didn't get my money's worth. Anyone want an extra copy? Come over, we can chill.

I do like that song where they had those kids playing on the Icelandic valley, which has been played a fair few times on Rage before. It has an excellent build up but I haven't really been taken aback by the others I've heard.

I can't pronounce the name, that's put me off.

I still don't understand how you avoid foreign language music, there's really some amazing music out there and I can't be bothered telling people what to listen to because my recommendations fall on deaf ears anyway. Actually, I don't remember the last time I recommended anyone to listen to anything.

All I'm saying is, many languages sound cool.

Oddly, the only Sigur Ros album I've heard is the first one, which has one really good song on it and otherwise is a huge bucket of mediocrity.

Get the impression I'd get something out of most of their subsequent albums. I'm just lazy.

hey ax. doors are at 830 tonight so i'll probably leave mine around 630 now to get to the Corner by 730 for food. just a heads up

Righto. Let's hope they don't take too long on the food! We should get there around 7:20.

Were your ears burning?

I hope everybody else in DI had burning ears too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom