Brest, Belarus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I actually need to get around to listening to the DI lists rather than complaining about how I don't like the look of most of them on paper. :lol:

I like how after a number of weeks only one person has listened to my list (and said person has a knowledge of the Russian language). I have alienated you all!

Bonnie I was saying last night I'd willfully drive to Adelaide to see footage of you doing Flame Trees. I won't die unless I've seen it.

This is out of nowhere but it's awesome. We'll make it happen. Not sure if the original footage still exists, but after a few brewskis you'll undoubtedly get a live performance no matter what.

I honestly like a fair few Chisel songs, can't help it - you don't need to be a bogan to enjoy them.

Just spent my Saturday night watching 2 pre-code James Cagney movies, as well as highlights from another one I watched on Monday night (which was basically all highlights - Picture Snatcher if you're curious, and you should be) with fellow Cagneyster my brother. No. Regrets. At all.

Lady Killer and The Mayor of Hell.

Lady Killer is a must watch, Mayor of Hell isn't quite the sum of its title, though there are some pretty great moments, mainly towards the end. It starts incredibly slow though, and, as there are a few black characters in it and it was made in 1933, there are some immensely cringeworthy moments.

The Sad Punk said:
This is out of nowhere but it's awesome. We'll make it happen. Not sure if the original footage still exists, but after a few brewskis you'll undoubtedly get a live performance no matter what.

I honestly like a fair few Chisel songs, can't help it - you don't need to be a bogan to enjoy them.

Yeah it just popped into my head haha. I have a penchant for remembering things others do not.

And yes agreed :up:

The Bono chest pain false alarm: did he just get heart palpatations by thinking about how much money the Achtung Uber Deluxe boxset will make?

Oh wait, that would be McGuinne$$.

Haha, if you didn't like that, you would have HATED the joke I made last night when we passed the site of Friday's shooting in Brunswick.

It involved a quality reference to the chk chk boom chick.

doctors leaving for the holiday season
got crystal ice picks, no gift for the gab
and in the parking lot
is the sedan he bought
he never never complains when its hot

he ??? the ??? daughter in the sauna playing contract bridge
theyre soaking up the fauna doin blotters i dont know which, which, which
boys are dyin on these streets

i know the medical could knock you out
to sell the coins that you ??? last thursday
dine by candlelight
and hold your savings tight
youll never never know when the bridge falls apart

he spoke of latent causes sterile gauzes and the bedside morale
he traipse around the table talkin sentences so incomplete, plete, plete
boys are dyin on these streets

I like how after a number of weeks only one person has listened to my list (and said person has a knowledge of the Russian language). I have alienated you all!

I keep forgetting to do this. Tonight, Vladders! I promise.

:wave:

Sorry I couldn't join you guys (Ax and Charlot and Cobbler) for Liam Finn craziness, sounded like a great gig!

I've got a couple of Sigur Ros CDs, dunno which but I think one of them is Takk. I didn't find any tracks that I wasn't already familiar with and liked after a couple of listens... Seems like they know which are their standout tracks and release them as singles, which I've conveniently heard on JJJ.

Also, thanks everyone for the thoughts and support with my Dad's brief illness - for those that might not know, he passed away on Thursday last week. :hug:

Oh my god were Pinback awesome last night! Even sung a line of Fortress with them. We'd been singing along in the front row when Rob Crow just thrust the microphone in front of Charlotte and I ... then he did the worm across the stage before taking a run through the crowd. So good.

Axver, have you heard this song? If not, stop whatever you're doing and listen:

Haha, those are wonderful, and much better than the boring shit he put out with the Venus 3 last year.

Ali, I'm so sorry to hear that :(. I won't lie and say I remember, fail on my part though it may be, was he ill long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom