Brand New Elbow Album!! -- Cast of Thousands (Oh, and MP3's)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the follow up to Asleep in the Back is to be released on Aug. 18th. Here's the link to the mini review along with a couple of the tracks!

http://www.virtual-festivals.com/festivals/article.cfm?articleid=708

The first single, 'Fallen Angel' has a great beat and a great sound. The other track, 'Crawling with Idiot', is nicely done, too.

Here's the full tracklist:

1.Ribcage
2.Fallen Angel
3.Fugitive Motel
4.Snooks [Progress Report]
5.Switching Off
6.Not A Job
7.I've Got Your Number
8.Buttons And Zips
9.Crawling With Idiot
10.Grace Under Pressure
11.Flying Dream 143

I downloaded that about a month ago.. I've only listened to it once, and I think I liked it. Supposedly the dude from Doves is on one of the tracks

Sounds pretty good.

The first single on this one seems to rock harder than anything else on the last album ever did.

SkeeK said:
I downloaded that about a month ago.. I've only listened to it once, and I think I liked it. Supposedly the dude from Doves is on one of the tracks
Yeah, I thought it would have been leaked by now. I seem to remember hearing you could get the entire album if you pre-paid or something. I remember they had a sample of 'Ribcage' out a while ago...but I hadn't heard 'Fallen Angel' or the other other one yet. Cool that the dude from Doves is on one of the tracks though :up:

eeeeee! *squeals of excitement*

Just today I was listening to them on the way home from work and wondering when a new album was coming out. Talk about good timing! loveth Elbow.

*posts elbow pics shamelessly*

337%3C668%3B23232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C7695783ot1lsi

337%3C668%3B23232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C7695765ot1lsi

Yep, it's an excellent album! :D Megan and I saw them a bit ago, doing the new stuff....really good live, and amazing on the album too. :) :up:

Yes, I"m in a picture posting mood :reject:
Sadly my photographic abilities have declined lately, but...
here's one of Guy Garvey from a gig a couple months ago...a month ago...??? Sometime recently.

Attachments

• guy garvey resized.jpg
    guy garvey resized.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 33
Unless I misunderstood, it looks like the US release is not until January 2004. :angry: No imports in the local store here yet. :mad:

Nice pic! :up: You are lucky you get to see them over there on your side of the pond.

Lemon Meringue said:
Unless I misunderstood, it looks like the US release is not until January 2004. :angry: No imports in the local store here yet. :mad:
Nice pic! :up: You are lucky you get to see them over there on your side of the pond.

i know that sucks....the import is suppose to be out septmeber 1st though. i hate paying $30 for an import when it'll be out later for $15.

apparently guy told someone at a show recently that they are touring NA in november/december.

there is also a rumor that they are touring with grandaddy but that i'm not sure about.

I hope they come here on tour. I had tickets to see them last year and they cancelled the show. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom