Brad Pitt Hospitalized

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
I'm that bored :slant:

LOS ANGELES - Actor Brad Pitt has been hospitalized with a flu-like illness. Pitt, 41, checked himself into an undisclosed Los Angeles area hospital Monday night complaining of flu-like symptoms, his publicist Cindy Guagenti said Tuesday. There were no other details and the name of the hospital wasn't disclosed for security reasons.
Pitt was in Ethiopia last week with his "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" co-star Angelina Jolie to pick up the actress's newly adopted baby girl, the second child she has adopted. Guagenti said it wasn't known if the actor contracted the illness while in Africa.

"I think he has the flu," the spokeswoman said.

The "Troy" and "Fight Club" star separated from "Friends" actress Jennifer Aniston in January after 4 1/2 years of marriage and she filed for divorce in March citing irreconcilable differences.

U2Girl1978 said:
First Jennifer and now Brad...

[q]Jennifer Aniston 'collapses'
5.16PM, Mon Jul 11 2005

Jennifer Aniston has collapsed on the set of her film The Break Up, according to reports.

The official story is that Jen came down with heat stroke. But reports from the US claim Jen was clearly distressed and sat with her head in her hands.

Despite being linked to her co-star Vince Vaughn, pals say Jen's been looking really sad and has not been herself all week.

It comes as Brad and Angelina were spotted together again in Ethiopia as she adopted a little sister for her three-year-old son Maddox.

Angelina's called the orphaned little girl Zahara Marley Jolie.

The couple, who met on the set of their new film Mr and Mrs Smith, have repeatedly denied that they are an item. [/q]

I think he has mumps...

2-26.jpg

elevation2u said:
why does it matter? other people get the flu

No kidding. I was sick from the beginning of Feb through the end of May with sinus infections, eye infections, and flu that just would NOT go away (probably b/c I had a stomach bug in Africa, couldn't keep anything inside for 2.5 weeks, lost weight, and was exhausted). I saw a Dr. 3 times over the course of the spring and every single one said the same thing: flu (influenza, not stomach flu) and sinus infections are viral and can't be treated. The only thing they can really do is pump fluids into you, but most adults know enough to drink enough water when sick.

Poor, poor, Brad. Having to skip out on work and all those photo ops.....

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

No kidding. I was sick from the beginning of Feb through the end of May with sinus infections, eye infections, and flu that just would NOT go away (probably b/c I had a stomach bug in Africa, couldn't keep anything inside for 2.5 weeks, lost weight, and was exhausted). I saw a Dr. 3 times over the course of the spring and every single one said the same thing: flu (influenza, not stomach flu) and sinus infections are viral and can't be treated. The only thing they can really do is pump fluids into you, but most adults know enough to drink enough water when sick.

Poor, poor, Brad. Having to skip out on work and all those photo ops.....

You're just jealous cos no one made you a thread!
:giggle:

:hug:
Are you better now?

Angela Harlem said:

You're just jealous cos no one made you a thread!
:giggle:

:hug:
Are you better now?

hehe, I don't even want a thread b/c the entire semester was so terrible I don't want to look back. Yes, I am finally better and have been keeping my fingers crossed. I saw a Dr. again in June, but was feeling better by the time the appointment came and have stayed fine since....

I was told to "seek immediate medical care" for any flu-like symptoms for a year after being in East Africa because it might be malaria.
Maybe he's being cautious. Or maybe he's just a hypochondriac.

Hey guys, I just read over at CNN that his "flu-like symptoms" were actually symptoms of viral menengitus. Good thing he went to the hospital, then.

Lemonfix said:
Hey guys, I just read over at CNN that his "flu-like symptoms" were actually symptoms of viral menengitus. Good thing he went to the hospital, then.

:yes: I just saw that too! That sounds more serious than your average flu. Hope he's ok.

Back
Top Bottom