BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fuck-fuck-fuck-fuckity-fuck-fuck-thumb.jpg

OK, I know I've asked this before, but I just don't get it. Do they randomly decide which games the clock is going to count down and which will count up? Cause I swear the last game I watched, the clock was counting down.

I think it's broadcaster preference.

At the ground itself, the clocks that the crowd and players see count up and don't include stoppages, so the clock will run to 27-33 minutes per quarter. The coaches' boxes and broadcasters, however, get the timekeeper's countdown clock that starts from 20 minutes and includes stoppages, so they know when the siren's going to sound. At the end of close games you'll see the coach sending runners out to tell players how long to go. It's up to the broadcaster which clock to take. Channel 7, who have the free-to-air games, show the countdown clock, but since I don't have pay TV (which this game is on), I don't know what clock they use.

Huddo is terrific at hiding his bias, remember that Swans/Cats 2005 SF? His call of Nick Davis was memorable, and you wouldn't have guessed that he was secretly despairing inside because he's a Cats fan. Definitely one of the best commentators going around, opposite to Dwayne Russell.

They just showed the goal in a replay and are interviewing McGrath about it right now...and his...calf :sad: injury :sad:.

Huddo is terrific at hiding his bias, remember that Swans/Cats 2005 SF? His call of Nick Davis was memorable, and you wouldn't have guessed that he was secretly despairing inside because he's a Cats fan. Definitely one of the best commentators going around, opposite to Dwayne Russell.

He's an example for many other commentators in this country - especially the cricket and rugby commentators, who are far more overtly biased than even the worst footy offenders. That 2005 call by Huddo is amazing. He must've been absolutely shattered.

I wish he was still on free-to-air. Between his impartiality and his obvious geniune enthusiasm for the game, he's one of the best we've got.

I used to really enjoy hearing Michael Christian get fired up big time, too.

My God, I love Daniel Rich. He just had someone jump on his back and he carried him around for a few feet, spinning him in circles.

Bitch. Well, you can only have the ball on one side so long without someone finally scoring a goal, I suppose.

I'm not used to games like this. Sloppy, aggressive, lots of throw ins. I don't know much about Aussie weather, but these games aren't common at the MCG.

Someone has got to turn that ump's mic off. He sounds like he's getting a fucking blowjob or something.

Discounting Bruce, Sandy and Dennis in the late 90s and early 00s, Channel 10 definitely had the best commentators. Michael Christian, Quarters, Tim Lane, Huddo, Christi Malthouse on the boundary, they were truly a delight and I loved their calls. (Not including Kelli Underwood though, she was awful.)

I wish you hadn't posted that Nick Davis clip Axver, I cried that night and have never watched it since, it's still too raw.

Lest we forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H7w5cYVNUg

I don't get it. Jonathon Brown hits it around the friggin' corner, but straight on? Oh no....nonono.

I don't think Quartermain was that good, and Tim Lane grated a bit, not to mention Robert Walls and his constant grumpiness.

Our little Lion sound effect that plays after a goal is great and all, but it's coming through pretty muffled through the TV, so Travis has to go and point out that it sounds like a flushing toilet and now I can't stop cracking up every time we score a goal.

Come on Brisbane pull off another comeback!

Our little Lion sound effect that plays after a goal is great and all, but it's coming through pretty muffled through the TV, so Travis has to go and point out that it sounds like a flushing toilet and now I can't stop cracking up every time we score a goal.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom