BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Twenty-odd posts in, and this is already the greatest AFL thread of all time.

OHBOY_BIGBOY_WOWEE_zpsdc2764f4.jpg

I drew this!!!!!

[i hate sports fucking stupid team fuck fuck fucK]

God if we hadn't had some of those shocking misses early we would've done it. But I'm just pleased we didn't get creamed. Before the game I predicted a fifty point flogging! And I got my tip.

True proof the split round was the preseason and this was the real first round: last night and tonight were scorching games.

And I'm glad Bonnie posted the artistic genius of me and Charlotte, because that's made everything feel much better. :lol: :up:

Turned down free tickets to the Seaford vs Geedubblyooesses match today, could have been a triple header!

Do I have a gift for you all.

In 2009, before he moved to 3AW, BT was on Triple M. Damian Barrett found a copy of his early 90s biography Black and White: The Taylor Diaries. Over the next three months, he read an excerpt from the book each week. The results were fucking hilarious.

Here, in all their glory, are the 13 episodes of The World According To Cool Breeze.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFFA44AEF72E8D3F1

That was magnificent... but what happened to "we've got plenty more" in the last ep? Did BT finally throw a fit and stop the readings? Was it too much awesome for the airwaves??

What the game really needs right now is another player with the personal disposition and composure of Brian Taylor at his peak.

The closest thing there is to that is probably Tex, but even he's ridiculously mild compared to The Great BT.

Turned down free tickets to the Seaford vs Geedubblyooesses match today, could have been a triple header!

Get down to VISY Park, metro leagues triple header. WRFL vs SFL, EDFL vs NFL and VAFA vs EFL.

That was magnificent... but what happened to "we've got plenty more" in the last ep? Did BT finally throw a fit and stop the readings? Was it too much awesome for the airwaves??

I'm not too sure, I'll have a look!

This Saints/GWS match is pretty fun, not the best skills but fairly high scoring and good goalkicking accuracy.

I tipped the Saints since we've no real evidence on how well GWS can travel, but I really hope the Giants can get up.

Also, this is relevant to a discussion Alison, Charlotte, and I had last night: Only 5 clubs profit without pokies

I tipped the Saints since we've no real evidence on how well GWS can travel, but I really hope the Giants can get up.

Also, this is relevant to a discussion Alison, Charlotte, and I had last night: Only 5 clubs profit without pokies

Apparently I tipped GWS in a fit of optimism... And how is there no AFL on free-to-air TV on a Saturday afternoon?? I'm watching Box Hill beat Williamstown on ABC... the commentators said that six of the Box Hill players were playing for Hawthorn last night. The Williamstown coach told his team that Box Hill were only there for a practice game in the quarter-time huddle, and he's probably right.

That article is a little depressing, and more than a little embarrassing, although I don't think it said that Collingwood didn't have any pokies... I have more respect for North Melbourne now, though.

Apparently I tipped GWS in a fit of optimism... And how is there no AFL on free-to-air TV on a Saturday afternoon?? I'm watching Box Hill beat Williamstown on ABC... the commentators said that six of the Box Hill players were playing for Hawthorn last night. The Williamstown coach told his team that Box Hill were only there for a practice game in the quarter-time huddle, and he's probably right.

I'm starting to wish I'd tipped GWS now!

Free-to-air only has four games per week, so if the round's schedule is abnormal, that can throw the telly schedule a bit. The Thursday night broadcast took the place of the usual Saturday arvo game.

He's a superstar. Along with Lenny Hayes the only thing I like about St Kilda. Would love nothing more than to see them lose to GWS today.

I'm starting to wish I'd tipped GWS now!

Free-to-air only has four games per week, so if the round's schedule is abnormal, that can throw the telly schedule a bit. The Thursday night broadcast took the place of the usual Saturday arvo game.

Well, looks like you were right!

Ah, gotcha. Boo to Foxtel.

Oh bugger yeah that's full time. Seven points. I'd have preferred to lose the tip!

Incidentally, it's been quite amusing to watch various football stories push Earth Hour out of the trending topics on my FB page.

I can't tell if this Showdown is a Port Power promotional day or not, they've even got bloody Dwayne Russell commentating.

At the Junction Oval today Footscray is playing Essendon in the Vic Premier Cricket grand final. It's the equivalent of the VFL, and it's actually relevant to the AFL: back when it was founded, the district cricket clubs were the equivalent of the footy clubs; so Essendon CC was just as big and as relevant as Essendon FC. Of course that's not the case any more, but it's still interesting. Footscray are chasing their first flag in 30 years, Essendon their first in 40... Footscray declared 8/525 (a gigantic total at this level) and Essendon is 3/41. Clint McKay took 1/109 playing for Essendon while John Hastings currently has 1/16 for the Doggies.

Bucks may be in the same position at Qtr time tonight....I have a really bad feeling buddy is going to kick a bag tonight, hence I don't think I'll be watching, that and I'm going to a mates for a BBQ. :lol:

From the metro champs...

WRFL d SFL 82-36
NFL d EDFL 87-50
VAFA d EFL 80-34 (was only five points in it at 3/4 time)

So the rankings change...

Meaning the VAFA remains Vic Metro's #1 league.

Next year...

VAFA vs NFL
EFL vs WRFL
EDFL vs SFL

Just saw the score in the Showdown. What a brutal first quarter!

At the Junction Oval today Footscray is playing Essendon in the Vic Premier Cricket grand final. It's the equivalent of the VFL, and it's actually relevant to the AFL: back when it was founded, the district cricket clubs were the equivalent of the footy clubs; so Essendon CC was just as big and as relevant as Essendon FC. Of course that's not the case any more, but it's still interesting. Footscray are chasing their first flag in 30 years, Essendon their first in 40... Footscray declared 8/525 (a gigantic total at this level) and Essendon is 3/41. Clint McKay took 1/109 playing for Essendon while John Hastings currently has 1/16 for the Doggies.

Sounds like Essendon are no hope of getting that flag. :lol:

Was tempted to get along to that EFL match, one of my friends did.

St. Kilda are undefeated, but it really is all downhill from here!

Back
Top Bottom