BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: I just wish you'd be around once in a while when they're doing well. Happy Vlad is fun.

Last edited:
I see the memo was conveyed to the Tiges during half time. Holy shit, what a third quarter for North.

Oh fuck me Richmond, how does something like that even happen?!

:

(Of course, it's a shame nobody in the 1980s had the good sense to create a proper national competition above the state leagues, using state teams as feeders to ensure support, rather than letting the VFL grow into the AFL...)

It is a great shame. You could almost have had a sort of Champions League operating at the end/second half of each season. Interstate trips would have been much more momentous occasions (for fans as well). Promotion/Relegation may have also existed and teams may have been far more likely to play out of their own home ground, rather than just playing at the same stale concrete donuts.

Wasted opportunity to create something quite special. The composition of the AFL just looks like patchwork.

I was saying on Saturday that Freud would have some very interesting things to say about BT.

This better go into the next thread title. That, or "Wankard".

I was going to do a Bruce Macavaney parody, but that's a much better idea.

Back
Top Bottom