BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Buddy Franklin arouses the Swans supporters here tonight!"

No, that's just you BT.

Buddy should have kicked that!

Both Cloke's brothers were playing at Princes Park today. Jason for the WRFL and Cam the NFL. Cam gave away a free and then said to the opposition player "don't punch me you prick!"

Two more seconds and Sydney would've been in front at the last break!

This is going rather like last year's Sydney vs Collingwood game at ANZ: Sydney get out to a good early lead, only for the Pies to steadily come through and win.

And Reid hitting the post then has only improved Collingwood's chances. Ugh. I wanted the Pies to remain at the bottom of the ladder! :lol:

This is turning into a weekend of great games with disgusting results. First last night, and now the unpalatable sight of Collingwood winning.

Meanwhile Freo absolutely rolled the Gold Coast in the wet. Judging by the half-time highlights it's a bloody downpour there, which explains some of the inaccuracy and low scores.

Bah, I was hoping to tip 9 this week.

Sydney's start is actually worse than ours. But I'm glad for it; their offseason hype was obnoxious.

Last edited:
Geelong next week? :yikes:

Can't wait. That should be a thriller.

Also, next Friday is the grand final rematch between Hawthorn and Freo. That's going to be epic. Freo have a difficult schedule for the next few weeks (Hawthorn in Melbourne, Essendon in the west, Sydney in Sydney), yet you get the feeling they should win at least two of those three, and perhaps all three.

Oh, I'm not sure what to do with my evening, now that I see this game is on at "stupid early" o'clock. AKA, a really decent and normal time for me to watch a sporting event.

I have no idea what has happened to Jonathon Brown, but I suppose if we can do it without him, that'll do. But I just watched Brown walk right up to the goal and miss by about 5 miles and I don't know how to feel about that.

Huh I didn't realise the game was on already. Come on Brisbane! I tipped the Cats but I'd like to see Brissie build on their successes against Geelong last year.

I don't care what happens, our defense is incredibly heartening this and last week. There's still work, and I hope that a year or two from now I'm not still saying that, but I love this team, they really do have so much they could do.

I'd like to see Brisbane back challenging for the eight. Much as I hate Queensland I can't help but have a soft spot for the Lions.

OK, I know I've asked this before, but I just don't get it. Do they randomly decide which games the clock is going to count down and which will count up? Cause I swear the last game I watched, the clock was counting down.

Back
Top Bottom