BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2014, 02:25 AM   #61
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:22 AM
Comeback time from the Crows!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-29-2014, 02:34 AM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:52 AM
We've pissed it away, umpires are starting to heavily favour Port. Sounds like a Showdown to me.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:37 AM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

Wingard is one massive fluke.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:40 AM   #64
Blue Crack Addict

Fucking shambles. A fucking shambles. Fucking useless team. Way to gift Port more hype.

I don't care about good supporter/bad supporter, this team does not deserve my support. Pissweak.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:55 AM   #65
45:33

Ax have you created a parody account spelt with a capital i instead of small l? Because this is a caricature
Old 03-29-2014, 02:57 AM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

What is inaccurate about what I said?
Old 03-29-2014, 03:11 AM   #67
Vocal parasite

Good god Adelaide way to waste a comeback! Not even Carlton chucked their comeback down the drain like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Ax have you created a parody account spelt with a capital i instead of small l? Because this is a caricature
Don't give me ideas, C0BL_04.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-29-2014, 03:13 AM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

I don't think Cobbler needs a parody account.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:16 AM   #69
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I don't think Cobbler needs a parody account.
Are you unfamiliar with C0BL_04 and his latest purchase?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-29-2014, 03:27 AM   #70
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 08:22 AM
We're 0-2 and St Kilda is 2-0. Not...gonna...panic.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:35 AM   #71
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Are you unfamiliar with C0BL_04 and his latest purchase?
That was a time before mine, unfortunately.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:38 AM   #72
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
We're 0-2 and St Kilda is 2-0. Not...gonna...panic.
Given the relative strength of the opponents I think you've nothing to worry about. St Kilda should probably be more worried really - a dull-as-dishwater win over the worst side in the league, followed by an overly narrow home win over an expansion side that hasn't yet learnt how to travel. Doesn't bode well for when they play good, established sides in the slightest, while Carlton actually ran the Tiges right up to the siren and would've won if they could kick straight at goal.

Quote:
That was a time before mine, unfortunately.
And to be fair to Cobbler, it was parodying a COBL_04 that was well before your time too.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-29-2014, 03:54 AM   #73
More 5G Than Man

Quote:
Given the relative strength of the opponents I think you've nothing to worry about. St Kilda should probably be more worried really - a dull-as-dishwater win over the worst side in the league, followed by an overly narrow home win over an expansion side that hasn't yet learnt how to travel. Doesn't bode well for when they play good, established sides in the slightest, while Carlton actually ran the Tiges right up to the siren and would've won if they could kick straight at goal.
The Saints' spot on the ladder is absolutely a mirage. I just wish we had some points. Three challenging but certainly winnable games to start and we're staring 0-3 in the face. Walker and possibly Kreuzer will be back, but the Bombers look great.

Meanwhile, Port is exceeding the high expectations I had for them. Their conditioning is excellent; twice now they've pulled away impressively in the 4th. They're a team to watch.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:59 AM   #74

Quote:

And to be fair to Cobbler, it was parodying a COBL_04 that was well before your time too.
Why thank you. I'm probably more of a parody now than ever if you ask most of RMT though.

Quote:
What is inaccurate about what I said?
Maybe nothing, I didn't see the game. But you kind of implied Port are shit (they're not) or aren't as good as they seem or are unworthy of their current status (which I think is probably bullshit, we've got a semi final appearance and two great wins to nullify that). You seem to believe there is an umpiring conspiracy against Adelaide (and I could dig up 50 posts to back that up). You said Chad Wingard is a fluke, yet he kicked 4.2 and had 17 touches.

You post in the exact same vein every time Adelaide plays - with the only exceptions being late comeback victories and big thumpings - so, therefore, you have become a caricature of yourself.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:05 AM   #75
Blue Crack Addict

I didn't say Port were shit, I said they were made to look like top 4 contenders. For what's it worth I thought the umpiring was pretty kind to us (aside from two unpaid marks) but it turned late towards the end of the third. I said Wingard is a fluke because he kicked a goal that 9/10 he wouldn't have been able to replicate, and he doesn't perform as well outside of Showdowns as he does in them, if he did he'd finish top 10 in the Brownlow.

My issue with the umpiring is legitimate to a degree, I'm not even going to go close to say that it cost us a win, but we only occasionally get the good side of it, it's true and I'm willing to acknowledge if we get a good run with them as we did for about 2 quarters today.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:09 AM   #76

Quote:
My issue with the umpiring is legitimate

but we only occasionally get the good side of it
Care to back that up with some evidence, INDY? Happy to concede the point if free kick counts reflect a landslide against the Crows.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:11 AM   #77
Vocal parasite

BT commentary twice in a week? What a time to be alive!

Surprisingly low score at quarter time in Swans vs Pies, given the high pace and intensity at which the game has been played. Both teams have somehow fallen apart in their attacking fifties, though Sydney less so.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-29-2014, 04:14 AM   #78
More 5G Than Man

lmao 8 points at quarter time. Collingwood is making this season marginally easier to stomach.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:14 AM   #79
Vocal parasite

That's a big call Cobbler, dropping the I-bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Why thank you. I'm probably more of a parody now than ever if you ask most of RMT though.
Certain other individuals need only look in the mirror to see massive parodies...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-29-2014, 04:16 AM   #80

Yes my tongue is firmly in cheek there Vlad.

Tags
ben, mcevoy