BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We've pissed it away, umpires are starting to heavily favour Port. Sounds like a Showdown to me.

Fucking shambles. A fucking shambles. Fucking useless team. Way to gift Port more hype.

I don't care about good supporter/bad supporter, this team does not deserve my support. Pissweak.

Good god Adelaide way to waste a comeback! Not even Carlton chucked their comeback down the drain like this.

Ax have you created a parody account spelt with a capital i instead of small l? Because this is a caricature :lmao:

Don't give me ideas, C0BL_04. :wink:

We're 0-2 and St Kilda is 2-0. Not...gonna...panic.

Given the relative strength of the opponents I think you've nothing to worry about. St Kilda should probably be more worried really - a dull-as-dishwater win over the worst side in the league, followed by an overly narrow home win over an expansion side that hasn't yet learnt how to travel. Doesn't bode well for when they play good, established sides in the slightest, while Carlton actually ran the Tiges right up to the siren and would've won if they could kick straight at goal.

That was a time before mine, unfortunately.

And to be fair to Cobbler, it was parodying a COBL_04 that was well before your time too.

Given the relative strength of the opponents I think you've nothing to worry about. St Kilda should probably be more worried really - a dull-as-dishwater win over the worst side in the league, followed by an overly narrow home win over an expansion side that hasn't yet learnt how to travel. Doesn't bode well for when they play good, established sides in the slightest, while Carlton actually ran the Tiges right up to the siren and would've won if they could kick straight at goal.

The Saints' spot on the ladder is absolutely a mirage. I just wish we had some points. Three challenging but certainly winnable games to start and we're staring 0-3 in the face. Walker and possibly Kreuzer will be back, but the Bombers look great.

Meanwhile, Port is exceeding the high expectations I had for them. Their conditioning is excellent; twice now they've pulled away impressively in the 4th. They're a team to watch.

Last edited:
And to be fair to Cobbler, it was parodying a COBL_04 that was well before your time too.

Why thank you. I'm probably more of a parody now than ever if you ask most of RMT though.

What is inaccurate about what I said?

Maybe nothing, I didn't see the game. But you kind of implied Port are shit (they're not) or aren't as good as they seem or are unworthy of their current status (which I think is probably bullshit, we've got a semi final appearance and two great wins to nullify that). You seem to believe there is an umpiring conspiracy against Adelaide (and I could dig up 50 posts to back that up). You said Chad Wingard is a fluke, yet he kicked 4.2 and had 17 touches.

You post in the exact same vein every time Adelaide plays - with the only exceptions being late comeback victories and big thumpings - so, therefore, you have become a caricature of yourself.

I didn't say Port were shit, I said they were made to look like top 4 contenders. For what's it worth I thought the umpiring was pretty kind to us (aside from two unpaid marks) but it turned late towards the end of the third. I said Wingard is a fluke because he kicked a goal that 9/10 he wouldn't have been able to replicate, and he doesn't perform as well outside of Showdowns as he does in them, if he did he'd finish top 10 in the Brownlow.

My issue with the umpiring is legitimate to a degree, I'm not even going to go close to say that it cost us a win, but we only occasionally get the good side of it, it's true and I'm willing to acknowledge if we get a good run with them as we did for about 2 quarters today.

BT commentary twice in a week? What a time to be alive! :laugh:

Surprisingly low score at quarter time in Swans vs Pies, given the high pace and intensity at which the game has been played. Both teams have somehow fallen apart in their attacking fifties, though Sydney less so.

lmao 8 points at quarter time. Collingwood is making this season marginally easier to stomach.

That's a big call Cobbler, dropping the I-bomb.

Why thank you. I'm probably more of a parody now than ever if you ask most of RMT though.

Certain other individuals need only look in the mirror to see massive parodies...

I can't think of a proper INDYism to comeback with, I'm really sorry.

Care to back that up with some evidence, INDY? Happy to concede the point if free kick counts reflect a landslide against the Crows.

I'll save him a couple of seconds

http://afl.com.au/stats?#sclub

2013:

Frees for: 10th most
Frees against: 13th most

2012:

Frees for: 9th most
Frees against: 5th most

2011:

Frees for: 13th most
Frees against: 11th most

2010:

Frees for: 15th most
Frees against: 15 most

Etc.

The only possible argument that can be pulled from this is that, on average, free kicks are less common in Crows games this decade relative to the rest of the league.

Last edited:
Pretty much what I was going for. We're never really in the top echelon of those teams in that stat.

I can't think of a proper INDYism to comeback with, I'm really sorry.

You should've just made some horribly offensive denunciation of somebody/something while claiming to fully empathise with its plight in principle.

Pretty much what I was going for. We're never really in the top echelon of those teams in that stat.

Well it doesn't exactly indicate the umpires having it in for Adelaide though.

I don't want to make the claim that free kicks aren't as impactful on Crows games because I don't watch them enough to know when they're awarded and what influence they have on the score, but it is clear that the average amount is somewhat low either way.

You could complain if there was a discrepancy with frees against. You might not be getting paid a hell of a lot but you're not being paid that many against either.

Second quarter Freo vs Gold Coast, both teams scored 1.4. Sounds like a serious dud of a quarter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom