BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ugh this Bombers game is excruciating. We start so well, and then within ten minutes it's all over. This isn't even a terribly exciting game because the umpires are being over officious tonight. Lots of stoppages, some for really soft decisions. I suppose that ultimately hinders us more than the Dogs since when we're on, we rely on free-flowing play, but it's a moot point since we haven't been on since halfway through the first quarter.

Also I don't recognise Dahlhaus without his long hair.

If the last couple of weeks are anything to go by, Essendon won't be making a successful comeback. :sigh:

I don't recognise Dalhaus unless he's dancing shirtless on top of a caravan with sluts at Pyramid Rock.

Hahahaha.

...did I imagine it, or did BT call Darce "big boy" just then?

And wow, we've got the scores level. I'm impressed! I wonder if we can keep this up?

OH THANK GOD WE HELD ON.

And when BT was told that Fletch will be the first 39 year old to play since 1927 (his birthday's on Wednesday), I'm pretty sure he let slip with a "shit" before going "myyy golly". He hadn't taken his meds tonight.

Wow, impressive start by the Suns. I see North finally pegged one back. Hope the Suns continue to destroy them.

Just noticed that Hawthorn will overtake Port on the ladder at the end of this round thanks to the massive percentage boost they got against the Saints. So there's something for Vlad to be happy about.

Oh never fear, they're top eight calibre and we're not. Big win here, folks. It was previously hard to tell where GC stood - they'd downed bad opposition but had been predictably put away by Hawthorn and Freo. The fact they have performed so well against North, both in surging out of the blocks and then in holding their own after a sustained challenge, indicates to me that they have definitely come of age this year and will give all but the top four a serious run for their money.

They're going to look really good on the table for another month too, since after their bye next week they've got St Kilda, the Doggies, and Adelaide, all games they should win. It's not until they meet Sydney that they have another real challenge, and luckily for them that game's at Metricon.

Let's see if Adelaide can pummel Melbourne by an even bigger margin.

I haven't read any further in the thread than this yet, and I know no one could have expected the end result (except possibly Vlad - I do hope he's still alive after that), but :lol:

The last time Melbourne won in Adelaide, they left on an Ansett flight.

Something Vlad said about Adelaide a few weeks ago came true. I know kids I'm scared too!

322.jpg

Allow me to add my :lmao: :lmao:

My television seems to be a bit confused... the program info says it's the Essendon/Dogs game from last night, but the blurb is about the actual Cats/Tiges game that's on.

Bit stunned by the Hawks/Saints result, not to mention Melbourne getting up over Adelaide. Is Vlad right about the shittiness of Adelaide, or did Melbourne actually play really well (for them)? Either way it's a bit of a head spin. :wink:

Oh hello Richmond, nice of you to show up.

I haven't read any further in the thread than this yet, and I know no one could have expected the end result (except possibly Vlad - I do hope he's still alive after that), but :lol:

Haha I know. I'm still a tad surprised!

I used to assume that the Alan Jones who coached the Wallabies was a different person to Alan Jones the twunt. Common name and all, seemed a fair assumption. Nope, one and the same.

You know what I just realised, looking back at the games I missed. It's not totally insane to raise the prospect that Ablett already has 18 Brownlow votes. It won't happen of course, but he is just by so far the best player and barring a season-ending injury I can't see what will stop him getting a third Brownlow. Phenomenal. Would love to see the Suns crack the eight this year. He's 30 next week, so not sure he will captain the Suns to a flag, but would be great to see him playing finals before he retires.

Video reviews would be great if they invested in sufficient technology so that it had the reliability and accuracy of cricket and tennis.

Bonus points work really well in rugby union, and I thought you'd be on board inte since they reward honourable losses! But I'm not entirely sure they're suited to the AFL. It'd be quite the shake-up of a points system that has endured much longer than most.

I don't necessarily agree with Rohan on that, by the way. But I absolutely think he has a point about the types of games we've been getting more frequently in the last few years. Coaches seem intent on emphasising defence, defence, defence. It would seem to me like if one player kicked 100 goals nowadays, that would be of grave concern to a coach, they're not spreading the load, yada yada yada. I would dearly love to see more attacking football being played. We're what seven rounds in and only one player has kicked more than four goals in a game, and that's Jay Schulz, who's kicked six twice. Even Matthew Lloyd recently came out and said that if he was playing now, he'd be a backman.

Back
Top Bottom