BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't go to bed knowing we're only down 14...but there's probably no point in sticking around. Have we been down more than a goal this year and actually come back?

WCE hit the post twice in thirty seconds with less than a minute to go now, holy shit!

So glad I checked the score one last time :cornflakes:

Troy Menzel, the 19 year-old man of the hour.

Oh man I'm glad you came back Traviud! Holy shit what an ending. Glad I got home in time to find a stream. Now that's some batshit footy. Feel for West Coast with all those blown chances - I thought that second one that dribbled into the post was surely going to make it through for a goal.

Thanks, that was an objectively fantastic game of footy. We just really seemed to be losing control of it and I have to be up in a short few hours.

Real bummer that we'll be without Judd for the foreseeable future, including a very challenging and crucial matchup with Collingwood next week.

Carlton showed the fight and tenacity late in the game that I wish the Bombers had yesterday.

Melbourne not too rubbish against Sydney in the first quarter, tried to put up some fight, but the Swans are clearly on a superior level and probably won't be troubled.

God, Darce really does suck BT's cock sometimes. BT makes some lame "sliding Dawes" pun and Darce is all "that's great BT".

Can't believe Melbourne a). outscored Sydney that quarter and b). kept the Swans goalless. That's a win in itself for the Dees, no matter what happens after the long break.

We don't have any need for him though.

It's kind of sad just how much effort it takes Melbourne to get a goal. The best they can hope for is to drag lesser teams down to their level.

Melbourne's still looking a heap better than they did last year. Feels like they're at least playing with purpose, even if it's not working out for them.

Sydney must be relieved they're playing the Dees, because against most teams having Buddy and Jetta injured on the bench would be pretty dire.

I don't care how much they've improved, watching Melbourne is depressing. They have so little hope of even being a mid table team in the near future.

Yeah that was pretty much a non-event in the end as expected, though Melbourne can take heart that they didn't get monstered and held it to a low-scoring affair. Their defence was reasonably decent; they just could seriously use some options in attack, they can't match it in fitness or endurance, and they're so underdeveloped in strategy or instinct.

Wish the Carlton/West Coast game had been the evening match and the Dees/Swans the twilight one.

Back
Top Bottom