BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's not what you call a second quarter?

Not in the slightest! Flashbacks to last week. To be fair we kept playing with a fair bit of intensity - it's just Collingwood found even more. Didn't help that we kept trying to get into our forward fifty by kicking to contests that we couldn't win. Need to sort that out for the second half.

Fucking hell. It's as if we think there's only one quarter in this game.

How does this even happen?!

Worried about Jobe and Chappy now too. That was a brutal third quarter. We got a fair few chances too and just never quite converted on any of them. Infuriating. We were unstoppable at the start and now we're... unstartable?

Honestly, up to this point, I think this is the exact result and margin I predicted. I just didn't think it would happen this way at all.

Damnit damnit damnit we keep getting so close and then graze the post or something else painful like that.

We scored more in the first quarter than we did for the remaining three quarters combined. Not quite as awful as when West Coast only scored seven points after quarter time, but still fucking excruciating to watch.

That good start is a very distant memory, just like Collingwood being bottom of the table.

Brisbane finally win a match. St. Kilda are the new that-team-with-unpredictable-results team.

Wow, good on Brisbane. Leppitsch gets the unusual and unique distinction of winning his first game as coach in New Zealand rather than on Aussie soil.

I see the crowd was about 13,500, which is rather down on last year but honestly not bad for Wellington at all. Average crowds for the Hurricanes, Phoenix, etc. are lower than that. I think they'll be pleased and it gives a basis to grow the game in New Zealand, though St Kilda really need to win next time!

This is the first time I've actually seen North Melbourne play this year and it's just strange to see Nick Dal Santo out there for them.

The way that game ebbed and flowed felt like a repeat of the Essendon vs Collingwood travesty. Did not expect North Melbourne to knock off Freo in the west. Roos are looking good so far this season, seemingly able to see out close finishes - though Freo made it easier for them by being pathetically inaccurate when the Classic North Fade Out was on the cards.

I fortunately had the good sense to tip against my own team, but I didn't see the Brisbane and North Melbourne victories coming.

Thank christ I'm at work.

I see that for all of GWS's development, Gold Coast are very much a street ahead if today's game is any measure.

Gary Ablett could kick a goal if he was blindfolded, spun around 20 times and then faced the wrong way.

I'm pretty sure he'd get the goal even if the game was being played at the MCG and he was at Subiaco.

Checked the stats so far, West Coast have barely touched the ball two dozen times!

Despite being walloped mercilessly by West Coast for that entire quarter, we managed to escape with only a one point deficit! Yay!

:wink: Only we won the second quarter.

Nah, this game is just a nailbiter so far. I appreciate West Coast allowing us to pretend.

Back
Top Bottom