BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, can we have Hawthorn vs Geelong every week? Because fuck me, that was the close tussle this season has been needing.

It's becoming fucking ridiculous how good the Hawthorn/Geelong games have been since the 08 granny. Insane, even in spite of Kelli Underwood.

IT'S A POINT

THE GREATEST POINT YOU'LL EVER KICK

Also, can we have Hawthorn vs Geelong every week? Because fuck me, that was the close tussle this season has been needing.

Round 22, Aug 23... tempted to get a ticket now if I can.

ETA: WTF do all these categories mean?! Ticket prices everywhere from $25 to $60. :grumpy:

Ugh ticketing this year seems like such a clusterfuck. Just look at how crowd numbers are down and how desperate Demetriou sounds in trying to fob it off.

And that round 22 matchup is going to be simply off the hook. Let's face it, at worst these two teams will be solidifying their spots in the top four, and on current form will be fighting it out for the minor premiership. I know there's a lot of the season to go, but Hawthorn looked unstoppable until today and Geelong just keep defying their doubters.

Oh FUCK I just realised I'm going to a gig on 23 August! Going to suck to not even be able to see the game on telly.

I'm really conflicted about the gig actually. It's Anathema. Judgement is my favourite album of all time. But their last two albums are reprehensible (apparently Charlotte and I are the only people who think this) and they're about to put out another one that by all previews continues in the same vein. I'm going to have such a hard time not heckling them when they play the new shit. I don't want to be a dick, but when an album's your #1 of all time and means so much, you get surprisingly dickish (picky? possessive?) about sharp drops in quality.

/off-topic

Some inconsistency from the MRP again? Darren Glass gets one game for basically throwing himself at Wingard, where Wingard is sent to the hospital for bruised ribs and Richard Douglas gets taken straight to the tribunal for a big shoulder-to-shoulder bump on Callan Ward? I mean, it should be obvious to all which one is the most dangerous and heavy of the two, and it's not the one being taken to the tribunal.

This isn't even 'wah a player from my team is getting suspended,' I really can't comprehend this inconsistency.

That Hawthorn vs Geelong match, while close, was pretty scrappy and ordinary. Normally you'd expect better from the two best teams in the league. Somewhat let down and why oh why did Clarkson persist with Cheney on Hawkins. That was where the game was won and lost.

The first half was great to be at, a sun kissed afternoon at the MCG. Give me day time footy over nighttime/under the roof footy any day.

Ticket pricing is confusing and complicated this year. Very confusing when it comes to members going with non-members. Quite shamefully, members have to purchase a reserved seat in addition to their membership to guarantee entry into some games. Your GA just won't cut it.

I've been looking at tickets for Richmond vs Hawthorn for next Sunday, and even though it is a category B match, there appears to be no GA section? So where will members sit?

Good to see the AFLFA with the petition against variable pricing in full swing outside the 'G before Monday's game.

I bet he enjoys being out of the Melbourne spotlight. :wink:

Take his license off him and send him to the reserves for a week. Or at least play him at Half Back.

Now that's what I call a first quarter! I hope we don't blow it like we did last week. I went into today thinking we were going to get smashed in the midfield due to numerous absences (Goddard, Bellchambers, etc.), but we've been outdoing Collingwood nicely so far!

Bruce and BT on the same commentary team... a perfect storm??

I never thought this day would come. : singletear :

Back
Top Bottom