BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vlad never gets to complain, ever again. He doesn't know what rock bottom feels like. Melbourne may never win again this season/decade/century. This is when you fire a coach/sell a franchise/cry like a baby.

I don't know, we'll probably get beaten handily by the Saints and we'll pretty much be on the same level as you.

Port is the real deal, genuine top four chance.

Is that you Kochie? They haven't beaten anyone who's not shit yet, and the only half decent opponent they played they got run over by.

I know I'm always a tad harsh but wait until they play Hawthorn or Geelong before making such a big call. It didn't help Brisbane that they barely have a team to field with all their injuries. I think they'll be anywhere from 5-10th this year.

It's the manner they've gone about their three victories that has me talking them up. Clinical, emphatic. Good teams put bad teams away, and that's what happened today.

I don't think they were that emphatic against Carlton, it only took them until the last quarter for them to run them over. Still way too early to believe the hype.

They beat Collingwood at the Collingwood Cricket Ground, in a final no less, and got close to Geelong. So I think they have some runs on the board and have had continued success this season. Weagles next week should be good.

Did GWS go home at three quarter time? Was a pretty good game for three quarters.

The Eagles scored zero fucking seven after quarter time. How?!?!

Aaaand Sydney's poor start to the season continues. Buddy really earning his keep with a massive haul of 0.1! :happy:

You're oddly quiet right now Vlad about your Crows kicking St Kilda in the arse!

Because there's little to complain about, and the team's actually resembling A Team at the moment.

re eagles: Finally that charade's over, I had no doubt whatsoever that we weren't the ultra-goods, but in a weird way it's kind of a relief to see a bad loss, because... I don't know, if it didn't happen, I'd feel really fucking weird.

Still got no idea what to expect this season, there are so many possible variables, and even with the possibility of Port and North being top 4 sides, it's still kind of comforting (if a little boring) to see that the Hawks and Cats are as tough as ever.

I'm going to the Port/Cats game in a couple of weeks, hope it's a ripper!

Ugh the Essendon away strip is the worst. How did we let the AFL coax us into using it?

If we did we'd probably have a high draft pick taken away from us for some obscure reason ie. Essendon get penalised more draft picks and because Simon Goodwin played for the Crows we'd get our pick taken away too. :wink:

Ugh the Essendon away strip is the worst. How did we let the AFL coax us into using it?

It will never be as bad as that cursed away red Crows strip from the late 00s, I'm certain we lost 3/4 games we played in it.

I'm going to blame the away strip for all the dumb errors we're making right now.

So this game was painfully close, with the lead seesawing a bit, right up until the moment I got home and found a stream. Since then? Freo goal after Freo goal after Freo goal.

Should've stayed at work.

Preferred Adelaide's red guernsey over their white guernsey. At least red is actually one of their colours. I dislike all those white guernseys that non-white teams wear as their "clash" strip. Hawthorn, Brisbane, West Coast and Adelaide are all culprits. And why is Essendon wearing their grey thing? There is no "clash" with Fremantle?

North Melbourne looking the goods! Great to see!

You guys look ridiculous. So proud we've never had anything as nauseati-

070611_wce_jumper.jpg

- uh UH I take back everything

Stupid footy team. Oh well, at least nobody this week will notice how badly we - or Sydney, or Brisbane, or whoever - failed, because hahahaha Carlton hahahaha.

You guys look ridiculous. So proud we've never had anything as nauseati-

070611_wce_jumper.jpg

- uh UH I take back everything

God I'd take that over our grey turd.

You're oddly quiet right now Vlad about your Crows kicking St Kilda in the arse!

Because there's little to complain about, and the team's actually resembling A Team at the moment.

FYI, Vlad, you are allowed to post things other than complaints here. :wink:

What a shit week for my tips this was. I think I only got Port and the Hawks right... and Geelong too probably. What was I thinking? Time to resume tipping via coin-toss.

Brisbane fought so hard to get in front, only to then keel over and die.

Back
Top Bottom