BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was contemplating all morning about going to the Footscray vs Richmond clash today but didn't end up doing so. If I'm honest, (aside from the fact that it wasn't our home game and that I would have to pay for entry) I think the fact that it was at Docklands Stadium deterred me. I hate that place and I just don't like being there anymore.

What a game though. Was following it on the app while I was getting other shit done throughout the afternoon. Incredible last quarter. Shattered that we lost but if there was one team that it is ok to lose to it is the emerging Bulldogs. Love the Sons of the West. A promising midfield outfit in Hunter, Dalhaus, Wallis, McCrae and Liberatore Jr, they could be ones to watch.

Can't wait to have Maric back on the field for The Tiger. Will definitely help. Should beat Carringbush next week, especially if we get Lids back.

did you go to Whitten Oval? the Tigers got fucking smashed, but thought you'd be there.

did you go to Whitten Oval? the Tigers got fucking smashed, but thought you'd be there.

Was thinking about it. Will try and head along to one match there this season and a couple of the curtain raisers at Punt Road Oval.

Richo tried to hook up with my 18 year old Cousin when he was drunk at some nightclub in Ringwood last year.

Oh my god. :lmao:

Though this raises the question of what on earth Richo and your cousin were doing in Ringwood. That's the real "ew" of this story.

Good work GWS. :up:

North Melbourne look like they are having their traditional fourth-quarter fade-out in the third quarter.

I watched about 20 seconds of that and it featured Westhoff getting a cheapie on his own deep in his forward 50. This seems to happen a lot to him and teams are silly for not doing anything about it.

Holy shit North Melbourne just managed to do a reverse North Melbourne and win in the final quarter.

I am very surprised, it's also baffling, given how strong Port are fitness wise and in finishing matches off. It's the sort of match they need to win to be a top 6 side and not just a top 8 side.

Suffice to say I thoroughly enjoyed that first quarter. Keep it up Essendon!

The whole franchise should cease to exist and everyone who has ever liked this team should be compensated for emotional damages.

That quarter was almost as awesome as the first, but what was up with Carlton actually getting a few goals? I do not approve.

Letting the opposition score goals? Essendon's atrocious. We are just doing the same things every game. Bottom two for sure.

They need to get the giant boot out for this team. Our only goal kicker is like 14.

I'm going to bed.

Honestly don't feel like Carlton have been that shit - they were pretty strong for most of the third quarter. We've just been playing really solidly. Hope we keep it up for the final quarter rather than resting on our laurels.

This is ghastly, Carlton are pathetic and are in all sorts personnel-wise. Essendon look good under their new coach, but there may yet be a second half of the season fade out.

The top three on the ladder makes me feel like its 1991 all over again. Not a bad thing.

Damn, Chapman is a useful acquisition. We were looking at bringing him to Tigerland and he would have been just what we needed. A shame.

There is very little more satisfying than utterly smashing the Blues. I hoped we would win well but never expected by that much. Great win and bodes really well for the season - pretty nervous ahead of next weekend's clash against Freo though!

We're terrible right now. But we have a number of injured standout players and a series of winnable matches on the horizon. No reason to give up on the season yet.

That tipping competition lead of mine was short and sweet.

Back
Top Bottom