Boston's Brad Delp found dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is he the guy who made all the music in his basement, or one of the guys that guy hired to actually form a band for touring?

Brad Delp sang on this essential 70s rock record:

B000EQ47GS.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I have been informed that Tom Scholz is the musical mastermind. I retract my :( previously posted.

Man, that really sucks. He was living here in N.H. recently.

His vocals are some of the most memorable in rock history. The first Boston album is an essential classic rock record, as Mr. Brau previously mentioned.

RIP

I understand about indecision
I don't care if I get behind
People livin' in competition
All I want is to have my peace of mind

:(

Originally posted by phanan
The first Boston album is an essential classic rock record, as Mr. Brau previously mentioned.

And did you both know that it still remains the "Number-one-selling" debut album in U.S. history as well ?? :up:

Originally posted by MrBrau1
That's pretty cool. It's an awesome album.
Exactly right ... you won't get any disagreement from me !! This album was indeed incredibly amazing !! :applaud:

Also, I should have mentioned too, that it sold more than 17 million copies when it was first released ... that is why it's pegged as the 'Number-one-selling" debut album in U.S. history. :bow:

MsMofoGone said:

Exactly right ... you won't get any disagreement from me !! This album was indeed incredibly amazing !! :applaud:

Also, I should have mentioned too, that it sold more than 17 million copies when it was first released ... that is why it's pegged as the 'Number-one-selling" debut album in U.S. history. :bow:

More Than A Feeling
Peace of Mind
Foreplay/Long Time

3 shots in a row, right to the gut.

Rock doesn't get much better than that.

I was never a Boston fan, but 55 is way too young to die.

My condolences to his family, friends and fans.

Originally posted by MrBrau1

More Than A Feeling
Peace of Mind
Foreplay/Long Time

3 shots in a row, right to the gut.

Rock doesn't get much better than that.

Yes, that's true !! ... Side One is indeed 'mind-blowing'. :up:

I always enjoyed it more than Side Two, although, I liked 'Smokin' which was an "on-fire" type of song ... and 'Let Me Take You Home Tonight' was a GREAT ballad too. :yes:

Heck, this album was their BEST one, and ALWAYS will be ... it's not any easier to explain than that !! :rockon:

Boston's debut album is one of the few albums ever I can listen to without skipping a song. It's awesome. It never gets the credit it deserves for being one of the most definitive album of the 70's. Back then it was right up there with Led Zeppelin IV as a must have. As time went on, VH-1 labeled Boston 'corporte rock' and put them down so they never got the recognition they deserved. I hope they will get it now, though it shouldn't take someone dying to draw attention to its greatness. :(

MrBrau1 said:
Brad Delp sang on this essential 70s rock record:

B000EQ47GS.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
this album was a big part of my teenage years, I had and loved that album :sad: he was way too young to die. a big part of 70's rock music and more.

Back
Top Bottom