Borat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetitans2k

Refugee
Does any one else enjoy this charachter as much as I do? I'm really excited for the movie.

<--------:drool: :heart:

He was great on SNL last night! He reminds me of our own Rick Mercer here in Canada...Rick Mercer on crack.

I'm going to be lobbying all week to get somebody to go see it with me this weekend. :drool:

Dammit. I won free passes to see this tomorrow night but I probably won't be able to make it :grumpy:

This killed me:
Sacha Baron Cohen, in the guise of his movie persona, Kazakhstani journalist Borat, has attended the London premiere of his movie, Borat: Cultural Learning's of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, addressing the awaiting rain-soaked crowd as "gentlemen and prostitutes." As he stepped from a mule-drawn cart, he remarked, "After this I stay in a hotel in Kings Cross, you must come and join me. We will all drink, wrestle with no clothes on and shoot dogs from the window." Later, speaking with reporters, he said, "I have come here with Bilak, my 11 year old son, his wife and their child, and we are hoping maybe to put some chocolate make-up on the child's face and sell him to Madonna. I am hoping that Madonna will be a very good father for it."

Hmmm i've been wondering about seeing this :hmm:

I have got the idea that this would be v funny going by what i've seen of Borat, but i was reading my local paper's review of it earlier and the guy is absolutely slating it, saying that he's virtually treating the audience as idiots so i think, has he got a point or what? I wonder! :huh: He gave it a 'forget it' rating!

It'd be good to find out what others here thought :yes:

susanp6 said:
Hmmm i've been wondering about seeing this :hmm:

I have got the idea that this would be v funny going by what i've seen of Borat, but i was reading my local paper's review of it earlier and the guy is absolutely slating it, saying that he's virtually treating the audience as idiots so i think, has he got a point or what? I wonder! :huh: He gave it a 'forget it' rating!

It'd be good to find out what others here thought :yes:

If you're interested in other reviews (major newspapers, magazines, etc) then Rottentomatoes.com is a good source. They give it an overall rating based on a compilation of these reviews and from what I can see Borat is their highest-rated movie in a long time!

No Borat tonight :sigh:

Even had the tickets too.

Maybe tomorrow. :hyper:

ladywithspinninghead said:

If you're interested in other reviews (major newspapers, magazines, etc) then Rottentomatoes.com is a good source. They give it an overall rating based on a compilation of these reviews and from what I can see Borat is their highest-rated movie in a long time!

Thanks for the tip! :wink:

inmyplace13 said:

Waa waa wee waa! I like!

My question for you.....

How fast do you have to drive a Hummer to kill the gypsies? :shrug:

I have a vile of tears for you to protect you from the aids! :D

Back
Top Bottom