Booze, North Yorkshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not mentioning how he mangled Helter Skelter, either... or that Live 8 thing with Paul Mc-fuckin'-Cartney...

This housemate isn't a Beatles fan as such, I think it's just the ripping-offness that she objected to. She didn't buy the standard explanation either :wink:

:lol:

And didn't Bono have some role in that Beatles movie ...?

iTunes, what the hell??

This is what happend when I inserted a Foo Fighters CD.....

fooswz7.jpg

These days, I'd nearly call that a five finger discount! :)
Yeah, I wasn't entirely taking the piss... there's a reason I always fill up on Tuesdays, even though the tank's usually only half empty.

And didn't Bono have some role in that Beatles movie ...?
Gawd, I'd forgotten about that! :lol: She was going to come and see that with another friend and I... Dunno what she would have thought of that.

Good dammit, see Shepparton's fuel prices don't go up and down at all, they just drop and rise at random.
Wow. I dunno what's worse, predictable but blatantly rip-off pricing tactics, or completely unpredictable but possibly more honest prices...?

still has not seen accross the universe ! but seen enough bono bits so i dont need to :wink:
It's worth a look, when you get the chance. Bono bits aside!

Yeah, I wasn't entirely taking the piss... there's a reason I always fill up on Tuesdays, even though the tank's usually only half empty.

Gawd, I'd forgotten about that! :lol: She was going to come and see that with another friend and I... Dunno what she would have thought of that.

Public transport for the win. Being legally blind and getting FREE public transport for the SuperWin. :drool:

And I think it's safe to say Bono loves his Beatles! :laugh:

(I have a half-written U2gigs article analysing snippet choices ... I think he's snippeted something like 50-60 Beatles songs, more than twice that of any other artist.)

Whats even worse, when I selected the Foo Fighters option, there was a few Micheal Bolton songs scatted throughout the track names :laugh:

IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY TO GET YOU INTO MICHAEL BOLTON!

Actually, on another forum, this guy once posted a GREAT Michael Bolton concert story. His then girlfriend, now wife, wanted to go to a Michael Bolton concert, so being a good boyfriend, he went along as well. After suffering through about half the show and wanting to die, he couldn't take any more. Michael Bolton introduced one song with "this is a song about ... love", and so the guy just yelled out "THEY ALL ARE!"

Safe to say he didn't get any that night. Every woman in earshot gave him the worst death glares, but all the other boyfriends and husbands who'd been dragged along shot him looks of admiration.

Wow. I dunno what's worse, predictable but blatantly rip-off pricing tactics, or completely unpredictable but possibly more honest prices...?

A bit of both, I haven't checked this week, but last week I put $50 in, at 165.9.....Its probably around 159.9 or something as we speak.

And I think it's safe to say Bono loves his Beatles! :laugh:

(I have a half-written U2gigs article analysing snippet choices ... I think he's snippeted something like 50-60 Beatles songs, more than twice that of any other artist.)

Seems a safe conclusion, all right!

IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY TO GET YOU INTO MICHAEL BOLTON!

Actually, on another forum, this guy once posted a GREAT Michael Bolton concert story. His then girlfriend, now wife, wanted to go to a Michael Bolton concert, so being a good boyfriend, he went along as well. After suffering through about half the show and wanting to die, he couldn't take any more. Michael Bolton introduced one song with "this is a song about ... love", and so the guy just yelled out "THEY ALL ARE!"

Safe to say he didn't get any that night. Every woman in earshot gave him the worst death glares, but all the other boyfriends and husbands who'd been dragged along shot him looks of admiration.

:lol:

Seems a safe conclusion, all right!

OK, my memory had exaggerated things a bit. 31 Beatles covers/snippets (including 4 Lennon solo songs and 1 Harrison song). Still well ahead of any other artist.

I might be ariound for one tomorrow morning. I've uni much of Thursday. :down:

Or, of course, we could crank something now if you want to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom