Bonnaroo 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's official, it's sick in a sacred way.

2007 BONNAROO ARTIST LINEUP:

The Police · Tool · Widespread Panic · The White Stripes · Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals · Wilco · The Flaming Lips · Manu Chao · The String Cheese Incident · Franz Ferdinand · Bob Weir & Ratdog · Damien Rice · Ween · The Roots · Gov't Mule · The Decemberists · Kings of Leon · Michael Franti & Spearhead · Wolfmother · Regina Spektor · The Black Keys · Galactic · DJ Shadow · Gillian Welch · Spoon · Keller Williams (WMD's) · Sasha & John Digweed · STS9 · Old Crow Medicine Show · The Hold Steady · North Mississippi Allstars · Fountains Of Wayne · Hot Tuna · Feist · Hot Chip · John Butler Trio · Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys · Aesop Rock · The Richard Thompson Band · Dierks Bentley · Xavier Rudd · Gogol Bordello · Junior Brown · Tortoise · T-Bone Burnett · Mavis Staples · Clutch · Cold War Kids · Dr. Dog · Paolo Nutini · Brazilian Girls · RX Bandits · The Nightwatchman · The Slip · Girl Talk · Railroad Earth · Martha Wainwright · Rodrigo y Gabriela · Annuals · Tea Leaf Green · Sam Roberts Band · Elvis Perkins in Dearland · Charlie Louvin · Sonya Kitchell · Mute Math · Apollo Sunshine · Uncle Earl · The National · The Little Ones · Black Angels · Ryan Shaw

Lewis Black & Friends · David Cross · Dave Attell

More Artists to be Announced!

Tool and Wilco...two bands I definitely want to see live before I die... :drool:

bonnaroo's lineup is pretty good but Coachella definitely kills it this year. but I doubt I can make it to either

KhanadaRhodes said:
man, i might go to this cuz i'm only a couple hours away :hmm:

Doooooo it.

This lineup is better than Coachella's anyway.

Furthermore, there will probably be another 15-20 bands added to this lineup, which I'm sure means My Morning Jacket.

Hoping for Ryan Adams and maybe a nice little post-rock band or two.

Perhaps no Jacket on the first list because?????

Because it's like "duh, the Jacket always plays the 'roo?"

What if they're doing the European festivals this year instead?

Only TVOTR and Arcade Fire of the original fake leak are not on here and that's too bad.

Anu said:

Only TVOTR and Arcade Fire of the original fake leak are not on here and that's too bad.

.....and Pearl Jam, Bob Dylan, Modest Mouse, the Shins, et al

Still a killer lineup.

Anu said:
It appears to be official that My Morning Jacket are taking the rest of the festival season off this year to write and record a new album.

I can live with that. :up:

So far, interest among my music-going pals in making this trip has been lukewarm at best. I'm trying to do some hardcore convincing, although there are more factors working against my going than there are for it.

I'm getting ahead of myself here, but if the Mavericks make the NBA Finals, it will be going on during the Bonnaroo dates. I'd rather stay in Dallas and spend the money on a ticket to an NBA Finals game. That's, of course, if they make the Finals. Also, I could just save the money because that's a month's rent for me. That would also include me not missing five or six days of work to go to Tennessee.

Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:
Anu said:
Am I the only one who posts on this board actually going to the god of music festivals this week?

So it seems Anu... I wish i could go but family and work prevail this year..

have a blast this weekend and please post about your time there.. And would love to see pics too if you do that..

I was psyched for last year's but too many things came up at home, so I planned on it this year, but then the line-up was announced and it just didn't seem worth a trip to Tenn. for. I chose Austin City Limits instead.

As for "god of music festivals", not so much, I think Coachella wins this year having snagged RATM.

powerhour24 said:
I was psyched for last year's but too many things came up at home, so I planned on it this year, but then the line-up was announced and it just didn't seem worth a trip to Tenn. for. I chose Austin City Limits instead.

As for "god of music festivals", not so much, I think Coachella wins this year having snagged RATM.

IMO.. I think Coachella is the best US festival out there over the last few years.. Their lineups are pretty amazing. I have been to Coachella twice and was just blown away each time..:wink:

Anu said:
Am I the only one who posts on this board actually going to the god of music festivals this week?
it's a shame, i could easily drive to and from there this weekend and see who i wanna see. but between how i'm sure traffic will be there, and having to pay the price of essentially the whole festival to go for like one day is a bummer. i don't like anyone on the roster enough to pay almost $200 to see them.

Okay, I am biased.

According to my computer, Bonnaroo is a mere 39 miles from my house.

Bonnaroo = Coachella: I will grant a tie I suppose!

Don't get me wrong, I want to do Coachella and Austin City Limits before I die; but I doubt these could nurture the inner closet hippie in me like the 'roo.

But even in terms of the line-up, yes Coachella was great, but Rage and Jesus and Mary Chain and Arcade Fire and Klaxons and all that still does not trump, for me:

Police, White Stripes, Tool, Wilco, Flaming Lips, Ben Harper, Manu Chao, and on and on all in one place.

At Bonnaroo, the music starts at noon-ish and goes to 4am on the two peak days.

Finally: It's just enough!

(Usually, a show leaves unsatisfied. Set is too short. Not ready to stop dancing at 11pm. But not Bonnaroo!)

actually in reference to Coachella I was thinking of past lineups not necessarily this year..

I don't blame ya having a favoritism towards 'roo. :wink: Being able to dance to the wee hours is very cool... :cool:

Hubby went to 'roo a few years ago, he's a deadhead with a infinite range in music tastes...from classical to hard head banging stuff to the Dead to Radiohead, Snow Patrol, U2, Coldplay, Silversun Pickups, Kate Bush, Beatles, Who.. the list goes on and on..

Back
Top Bottom