Bonkle, Lanarkshire, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
last blindness (boxes on annhilation and blindness are the same as before)

Blindness is the twelfth studio album by Irish rock band U2, it is currently in production with a projected release date of September 2008. The album will be accompanied by the Annhilation tour.
Bono has revealed some hyperbolic information about the style of Blindness:
"U2 in dancefloor shock!" joked Bono. "Normally when you play a U2 tune, it clears the dancefloor. And that may not be true of this. There's some trance influences. But there's some very hardcore guitar coming out of The Edge. Real molten metal. It's not like anything we've ever done before, and we don't think it sounds like anything anyone else has done either. Three years ago there was virtually no one in Africa on antiretroviral drugs," he explained. "Now you'll have two million by the end of this year."
About the album, Bono has said: "It is our first single, really. After 30 some years it's our first single, but with 10 really kickboxin' b-sides. Elimination is the first single. Watch out for it. It's going to be huge. We can't even fucking play it." [1]

Much controversy has been made over the inclusion of the Blindness cut "A Fricken' American" in the tour setlist. The anthem drops the F-bomb several times over some of the Bush administration's actions and several other subjects, including the Grammys.

These are some of the rumored album titles for what promises to be quite an incredible new U2 album!

Working Album Title(s):

1. This is the Sound! (From Venus) or TITS( FV)

2. This is the Sound of a Band From Venus Applying for the Position of Best Rock and Roll Band! 0r TITSBFVAFTPBRARB

3. Africa

4. Molten Metal From Venus/Edge is on Fire or (MMFV/EF)

Below is a working list of some of the new songs that will appear in the new album (subject to change - DISC ONE CONFIRMED BY U2.COM):

Disc 1:
1. Elimination
2. Mercy
3. No Line on The Horizon
4. A Fricken' American
5. Baby Dance With Me Tonight!
6. Thank You For the Day
7. Africa
8. Drunk America
9. Modern Times Venusian Rock and Roll
10. A Prayer For The Love of Humanity, Peace, Love and Hope
11. Lighting Edge on Fire (Bonus Track on limited Japanese edition)

Disc 2 (On "Extra Shitty Bonus B-Sides" Plus! Edition):
1. North Star
2. Treason
3. Crumbs From Your Table Part Deux
4. How to Dismantle an F-Bomb
5. I Write The Songs
6. Lead Me in The Way I Should Go
7. All My Life
8. Punk Rock From Venus
9. Vertigo (Extended Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeahhhhhh Mix) (feat. Brian Eno)
10. Molten Metal
11. Zooro-Dance (Clearing The Dance Floor)
12. Making Love Not War
13. Africa II
14. An Angel in Disguise
15. Love is All We Have Left (feat. Frank Sinatra)
16. Sky Hawk
17. F-Bush (Rumored bonus song on the American CD)

[edit] About The First Single

Release Date: September 2 2008
1. Elimination(4:27)
2. Elimination (extended Venus mix, 12:59)
3. Elimination (Burnt Edge Mix, Featuring screams from edge being on fire! 10:08)
4. God Bless Those Drunk Americans ( now became Drunk America 3:22)
5. Elimination (Clearing The Dance Floor/Molten Metal Mix 5:59)
6. Doing the Cha Cha Cha (Boom Cha Mix, left over from TITS 3:07)

A second version of the single Elimination is also in the works but will only be available in the UK:

1. Elimination (4:27)
2. Evolution (TITS left over, 5:34)
3. Molten Metal (Jacknife Lee Mix, 13:00)
4. Elimination (Molten Egde/Guitar mix,4:30)
5. Full Metal Jacket (HTDAAB leftover, 3:20)
6. Crumbs from your table Part Deux ( A Crummy Mix, 7:48)

Oh, I should add in Whorehouse Meadow, Vaduz, Museum Voor Oude Kunst, and Balzers on the dates their threads happened.

OK, I just threw this together. Ian and Vazza, I hope you like the locations I made referencing you.

THE ANNHILATION TOUR

2008-01-17, Axver's Backyard
2008-02-25, Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein
2008-03-20, Gate 2, Auckland International Airport
2008-04-25 to 28, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
2008-08-15, Canada Road, Memphis
2008-09-07, 41°42′34″N 86°53′13″W
2008-11-20, BC Place Stadium, Vancouver
2009-05-09, Venus
ooooh they played an epic concert leading up to my 21st birthday, awesome!

mia and peefan need locations...who else posted? was nsw in on it?

And since it was the ACTUAL hundredth thread, the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands too.

ooooh they played an epic concert leading up to my 21st birthday, awesome!

mia and peefan need locations...who else posted? was nsw in on it?

I can't recall who was actually in the Annhilation Tour thread, but since it's part of Superthread folklore, I say just go with Superthreaders in general. Aim for birthdays where possible.

I submit Maxwell Montes, Ishtar Terra, Venus as a tour location.

It's the highest mountain on Venus (because Bono said he climbed the highest mountain, but he didn't specify which planet, and it's higher than Everest anyway.)

I can support this, and perhaps the Superthread should go there on the 9th of May next year.

I'm thinking of marking on the masterlist locations we've decided to visit for specific anniversaries. Like how we want to go the Harold Holt Memorial Swimming Complex on the anniversary of his drowning this December.

i didn't get posts in most of those :depressed:

Vaduz was meant to be our 100th thread (we then discovered the masterlist lacked Pussy, France and Vaduz was actually 101st), Balzers was 200th, and Museum Voor Oude Kunst was our six month anniversary.

I can't recall who was actually in the Annhilation Tour thread, but since it's part of Superthread folklore, I say just go with Superthreaders in general. Aim for birthdays where possible.

oh i was saying the locations shoudl reference the people who pulled the kunstmuseum gig of...

oh i was saying the locations shoudl reference the people who pulled the kunstmuseum gig of...

Oooh. Maybe for PFan, something that ties in with the epic Bad snippetry he created?

Just expanded the list now:

THE ANNHILATION TOUR

2008-01-17, Axver's Backyard
2008-02-25, Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein
2008-03-20, Gate 2, Auckland International Airport
2008-04-25 to 28, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
2008-05-22, Whorehouse Meadow, Oregon
2008-06-24, Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands
2008-06-26, Vaduz, Liechtenstein
2008-08-15, Canada Road, Memphis
2008-08-21, Museum Voor Oude Kunst, Brussels
2008-09-07, 41°42′34″N 86°53′13″W
2008-09-21, Balzers, Liechtenstein
2008-11-20, BC Place Stadium, Vancouver
2009-05-09, Maxwell Montes, Ishtar Terra, Venus

Love away, you rule them after all
And I rule over them with my magic spoon:

queenofthespoon.jpg

(also omg whyyy did I ever cut my hair that short!!!)

can't be too many locations. no bono arkensas. i'd say limit it to 15 locations max, something easy to print and digestable

Agreed. Just a few more, preferably referencing Superthreaders.

And yeah, finishing on Venus as per the Wikipedia article.

And I rule over them with my magic spoon:

queenofthespoon.jpg

(also omg whyyy did I ever cut my hair that short!!!)

Oh my god. :lmao:

Incidentally, the vandalism about you ruling over the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom totally needs to be re-added to the masterlist. I've tried to avoid repeating vandalisms each time we've reset the list, but that one amuses me enough that I'd like to see it back.

And I think "Three Cocks and the Truth" needs to be elevated to the status of permanent vandalism with Postwhorehouse Meadow. I nominate that as the best vandalism anybody's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom