Bong Mine Railway, Liberia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they are going ok. i got knocked back from mynt last week, because i was dressed "too caj" the bouncer said. the shoes were very worn and i've gotten new ones since, but they'd worked for the past 18 months.

and down your way?

dunno, fairly average. Too many blummin tourists annoying me.

<nobodywillreallycare>

You know your day's been all skewed when you feel your finest accomplishment is an epic Stick Tennis comeback win. 4-6 6-7 6-2 7-5 6-1 against Kuerten. In that fourth set, I was 1-5 down and had match point against me. I then proceeded to drop just one game in winning the match.

</nobodywillreallycare>

:applaud:

Hey Danny, how goes it?

Someone explain "dick fingers", it sounds uncomfortable.

there was a game we used to play with rubber bands. you put three fingers (2nd, 3rd and 4th, so excluding the thumb and pinky) against either side of the rubber band, then you cross them over. then you have to pick three fingers to take out. if you picked the right three fingers (out of six) then it would result in the shape of male genitalia, but all other possibilites resulted in a bowtie shape, meaning you were a girl.

cin, liam and charlotte ran away with it.

Seattle's one of the places over there I'd most like to visit, the Pacific NW in general, really. Qwest Field is gorgeous, have you been in there?

I'm too busy hating on the Victory at the moment.

definitely. i've been in love with the pacific northwest for years. it's #1 on my list of places in the united states to visit. when i was flying over here in september i sat next to someone who was going to stay in one of the towns i've lusted after forever. i'd love to get a visit to qwest field, it's nice to not have it as a generic american football stadium like lp field and other dumps.

i always hate on the victory. i feel some affinity for the new melbourne team just because their fans will probably automatically hate the victory. brisbane are still #1 on my shitlist though, for reasons i can't articulate.

I come here first, then open another tab to look at new posts.

I have one tab for the Superthread and one for pointless browsing of the rest of the forum. I feel like I could post and rage all day in FYM, but what's the point?

I haven't listened to U2 intentionally for a few months, so yeah, I'm not sure why I'm still checking any part of YBR. Managed to catch the Haiti thing, though, although I was temporarily blinded by Brad Pitt's beard so I wasn't totally sure what was going on.

:laugh: It's a doozy.
I had a mini listening party the other day. A break really does wonders, I hear things I forgot about or hadn't noticed before.

<nobodywillreallycare>

You know your day's been all skewed when you feel your finest accomplishment is an epic Stick Tennis comeback win. 4-6 6-7 6-2 7-5 6-1 against Kuerten. In that fourth set, I was 1-5 down and had match point against me. I then proceeded to drop just one game in winning the match.

</nobodywillreallycare>

well, now i'm probably going to vanish to play stick tennis. since i took out the hot shot in straight sets the other day, i might back my chances in doing stuff.

what mode are you playing to do that? i'm way too lazy to look for myself.

well, now i'm probably going to vanish to play stick tennis. since i took out the hot shot in straight sets the other day, i might back my chances in doing stuff.

what mode are you playing to do that? i'm way too lazy to look for myself.

Kuerten is in World Domination. He's actually not too hard - I normally don't struggle to beat him like I did today, but I royally fucked a couple of crucial games by being "experimental" and trying silly ideas that went nowhere.

there was a game we used to play with rubber bands. you put three fingers (2nd, 3rd and 4th, so excluding the thumb and pinky) against either side of the rubber band, then you cross them over. then you have to pick three fingers to take out. if you picked the right three fingers (out of six) then it would result in the shape of male genitalia, but all other possibilites resulted in a bowtie shape, meaning you were a girl.

cin, liam and charlotte ran away with it.

I'm trying to figure this out, I only know how to make a little church with my hands.

By the way, that new Melbourne soccer team?

I never really thought you could have a worse team name than Melbourne Victory, but Melbourne Heart may just be it.

Um, so who the hell puts this as their facebook status and why on earth am I still friends with them!?
"Are you wanting to earn extra money? Does choosing what hours you want to work sound good? What if you could choose who you would like to work for? What would recognition, support, inspiration and encouragement mean to you in a job? If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, then I would love to h...ear from you. Either send me a message or call on 0419 xxx xxx Thanks for your time. Susan xoxo"

At least it's a little better than the girl who constantly posts Bible Scripture.

By the way, that new Melbourne soccer team?

I never really thought you could have a worse team name than Melbourne Victory, but Melbourne Heart may just be it.

indeed. at least the Vic union side did it better.

I'm trying to figure this out, I only know how to make a little church with my hands.

it's hard to explain, i'll show you one day.

super bowl 44 will air sunday, february 7, 2010 at 6:25 pm est.

souce: National Football League: Super Bowl XLIV

:uhoh: sorry, i thought i was working :uhoh:

is Monday a public holiday in America then?

Grrr. Ax, I had some railroad track photos I took for you but now can't seem to find them anywhere. I guess a reshoot is in order. It's not a problem though, since I cross the tracks every time I go downtown. Lalo and I jokingly call them "Dottie's Peril" after a cycling blogger named Dottie he was making fun of who hurt herself when she fell off her bike crossing railroad tracks (because if you're losing control of the bike, you swing yourself off the damn thing instead of falling WITH it.)

In other news... random boobie pictures on my memory card... :eyebrow:

:lol: ok. just seems strange to schedule one of america's biggest sporting events on a sunday, but you'd all be used to it i suppose.
yeah, i know what you mean. though most football games here are played on sunday or monday, so it makes sense in terms of scheduling. but yeah, given how much alcohol and watching sport goes hand in hand, you'd think saturday would be more appropriate.

I think my sarcasm was lost on...everyone.
therethere.gif
i was thinking the same thing as i read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom