Bong Mine Railway, Liberia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There better be a damn good reason why I'm awake right now.

Oh, the first Orphaned Land album in six years leaked?

That's a damn good reason.

Good morning.

And yes, that's a damn good reason.

Have you heard a rumour that Songs Of Ascent is going to be released in June?

Well, that's what Bono spouted off.

I'll believe it when I have it on my hard drive. :laugh:

Oh, Bono said it. No way it can be true then.
(I said this without an ounce of sarcasm. No, really.)
[Obligatory "Why does Bono lie? :sad:"]

It'd make sense for them to release SOA before the next leg or the tour starts, but, it's U2 and they stopped making sense about a decade ago.

ha, my ex must be drunk. And by drunk, I mean, one more sip and she'll be tuf bono, but not worthy of respecting. She thinks she can IM me on MSN. oh, stupid girl.

It seems half the time they want to talk up Songs Of Ascent coming up before the tour restarts, and half the time they want to dampen any hope it's coming out in a hurry. Business as usual really!

If I were U2, I'd at least try to put out an iTunes single with a snazzy b-side or something. But that too would make too much sense.

It seems half the time they want to talk up Songs Of Ascent coming up before the tour restarts, and half the time they want to dampen any hope it's coming out in a hurry. Business as usual really!

If I were U2, I'd at least try to put out an iTunes single with a snazzy b-side or something. But that too would make too much sense.

If you were U2, you would have packed it in after Lovetown. :wink:

If I was U2, I'd stop farting around and get the damn album finished.

Touche! But what a high note the band would have gone out on!

Not to mention a world without One ...

A world without One...:drool: I need to get cracking on that time machine, don't I?

Yes. You and your astrophysics could do the world a lot of good.

:hmm: How exactly should I alter history? If I have them simply pack it in after Lovetown, Adam will surely self-destruct and there won't be Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop, ATYCLB (not necessarily a loss), HTDAAB, or NLOTH. No ZooTV, PopMart, Elevation, Vertigo or 360 Tours. No Fly, MacPhisto, no trying to call Presidents Bush or Clinton, no Mirrorball Man. It's almost certain this board would not exist, we never would have met, nor would we have met any of the people we know now because of Interference, and you would never have had a hilarious reason to visit The Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, if you would have visited it at all.

Or... I could simply make that particular song disappear, convince the other three that it's crap and force Bono to throw it out and leave it off the album, it never becomes a single and U2's career takes a slightly different path.

As much as the former has appealling elements, e.g. no ATYCLB, I think that for now we should just risk the latter.

Should it pay off, we can slash other undesirable things.

As much as the former has appealling elements, e.g. no ATYCLB, I think that for now we should just risk the latter.

Should it pay off, we can slash other undesirable things.

Alright. Without One, what song would you put in to fill that void? A B-side from that era or promote a different album track to single status?

Seriously? It's one of my ten favourite U2 songs!

I think it's a crime they never put it on RAH or Achtung.

(I don't mean the traditional Irish song called "My" Wild Irish Rose, if that's what you think I mean. I mean the unreleased original U2 song broadcast in a doco in 1990.)

I know which one. That song elicits lulz and I don't know why.

KWQDKFNSFINEJWHFIOAQWFP[P;'['''';;;

ORPHANED LAND ALBUM LEAK?! : downloads :

OH MY GOD :love:

Um. Anyway. Afternoon! I shall be here in a minute, I need a shower and some lunch.

Wait, I think I was confusing Xanax and Wine for Wild Irish Rose. Don't ask me how.

CHARLOTTE. Orphaned Land listening party, now! (Actually, I'm all but done with the album. A minute to go.)

Wait, I think I was confusing Xanax and Wine for Wild Irish Rose. Don't ask me how.

Those two songs are from totally different eras and have nothing alike too! :lmao:

Get onto Wild Irish Rose and its poetic awesomeness.

Never underestimate the power of fruit toast.

This is waking me up. Thank god. I was feeling zombietastic there, I'm not even sure I took in that much of the album.

Never underestimate the power of fruit toast.

This is waking me up. Thank god. I was feeling zombietastic there, I'm not even sure I took in that much of the album.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF FRUIT TOAST-INSPIRED DOUBLEPOSTERY.

Those two songs are from totally different eras and have nothing alike too! :lmao:

Get onto Wild Irish Rose and its poetic awesomeness.
I know! I worry about how my brain works sometimes.

Wild Irish Rose is the kind of Bono vocal I like, all low and growly with traditional(ish) Irish music in the background. /fangirl

I know! I worry about how my brain works sometimes.

Wild Irish Rose is the kind of Bono vocal I like, all low and growly with traditional(ish) Irish music in the background. /fangirl

:laugh:

Wild Irish Rose is the kind of Bono lyric I like, no fucking 'soul' bullshit, just poetry with atmospheric music in the background. /cynicalarsehole

...remind me again why the hell Orphaned Land aren't touring NZ?!

Why won't they come down here. :(

They barely seem to tour outside the Middle East, which is no surprise. They do continental Europe sometimes, but I'm not sure they've even done the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom