Bon Bon Reserve Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I do it right?

781471049_778665.gif

Hey, Ax, so, would it be somehow possible to incorporate something like setlist.fm's Avg. Setlist features into U2 gigs, or would that be WAY too much?

So that's a yes?

YES YES.

Hey, Ax, so, would it be somehow possible to incorporate something like setlist.fm's Avg. Setlist features into U2 gigs, or would that be WAY too much?

Hmm. The most played song and common opener/closer things for each tour I think reasonably well get to that point, but it might be interesting. Especially since U2, with their gradual changes, might make it worthwhile. It'd ultimately be Matt's job to create though.

I would think Excel would somehow be a part of this, but I'm not 100%. Computer programming is above me.

Yeah, I've no fucking idea how Matt makes most of the stuff on the site either. :laugh:

I can add and edit setlists and that's about the extent of my competency.

I used to know more than I do now, to be honest! When I was a teenager, I could write a bit of code and had a reasonable grasp on how various things worked ... forgotten it all now.

Has anyone here had to resign from a job before?

I only ask because I had decided to quit my job in December this year and have never had to quit before (previously I was just a casual at a department store. They stopped calling me and I stopped calling them.) My only other job has been with my father who obviously didn't require any sort of resignation at all.

I've started to write up a letter but I'm not sure what I do. Do I drop the letter at his desk? Do I ask if I can have a chat and leave him the letter (which is somewhat confusing because I'll pretty much be telling him everything in the letter while I'm talking) I'm looking at telling my boss I'm leaving in the next month or so. Why so early? Because we've had two other people quit recently and I'd like to give them enough notice to find some replacements.

Probably getting myself all worked up and depressed about this for no good reason, I just want this year to be over and my new life to begin outside of designing $ex pumps and all.

I've resigned a couple of times, but under different circumstances... will reply more when not dying of tired. Short version, write a short letter for their records, and talk to your boss in person to do the explaining. You're doing the decent thing by giving lots of notice. Hope it all goes well and don't stress too much.

AHAHHAHHA I was in a 2 hour geology prac when this was posted but THIS MAKES IT ALL WORTH IT. :love:
Glad you like it.
This is true. Took me a few hours to rise from the dead.

Love you, Reggo. Now I wish I had a platypus for you!
:lol:

Aw, thanks, Bonnie. And no rush on the platypus. I likely wont' have the money for one for a while.

I emailed Radio From Hell in general, not just Kerry, so Gina, Bill, or Richie can answer as well. felt less creepy tham PMing Kerry on facebook.

I don't know what this is but I like it

Then the message got through on some level.

I'm so paranoid, Danny, that I would never resign this early. I'd be afraid the second they found a replacement for me, they'd boot me out. I'd still give them a month's notice in a position like what you seem to be in.

We have another guy who is a bit higher up than me and he announced he was leaving back in June that he would be leaving in December. I have to do it soon, just need to get it off my chest.

it's really hard to divorce Green Day when you can't get the song that ended the marriage out of your head.

Then don't do it! :) I suppose I divorced Tori since Night of Hunters came out up until about 24 hours ago. I feel no shame in getting back together. :hi5:

It's fitting considering the first line of said song is, "Oh Love, won't you stay with me tonight?"

NO. I am going to stay strong. For another week at least.

The first week is the hardest. I lasted the better part of six months. It's easy when her latest output is A. Not of interest to you and B. NEVER played on the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom