Bon Bon Reserve Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When they released Invincible as a single, I knew they had lost the ability to judge their own material or create it.

Sure enough, United States of Eurasia.

Hahaha.

Though Invincible is unexpectedly good live. Eurasia cannot redeem itself that way.

Billie Joe, Mike, and Tre have instagram accounts now. Billie and Mike's usernames are cutesy and tie into the Uno Dos Tre thing. Tre's username is treleparc. Said quickly, sounds like "trailer park", which you know is exactly what he intended.

They have Instagram accounts?

Now I fully understand the divorce.

The last thing punk bands from Berkeley need are instagram accounts. Remember what candid photographs did to Metallica's cred:

idolodeforme.jpg

Thanks to hipsters taking blurry sepia photos of half a cup of coffee, Instagram is the Internet equivalent of cheating: unforgiveable.

I've got multiple PDF's that I need to be merged into 2-3 PDF's. Anyone know of any good free software that will NOT leave a watermark? Need to sort it out by midnight :crazy:

Listen to the new Pinback song. That's got nothing to do with a week being bad or good. It's just a great track.

AND IT'S NEW PINBACK.

Aaaaahhhhh new album in October.

In case you were wondering how much of a shit is given in Melbourne about the NRL, tonight's game between Brisbane and Melbourne is STILL relegated to their secondary channel in lieu of The Big Bang Theory and some movie I've never heard of called The Young Victoria.

So NRL in Melbourne: Not a single shit given.

Axver said:
In case you were wondering how much of a shit is given in Melbourne about the NRL, tonight's game between Brisbane and Melbourne is STILL relegated to their secondary channel in lieu of The Big Bang Theory .

So NRL in Melbourne: Not a single shit given.

I wouldn't say that. Gem broadcasts in Full HD as opposed to the crap Nine serves up. Would be no different for the AFL in Queensland, I'd say tonight's game would be on 7Mate.

I wouldn't say that. Gem broadcasts in Full HD as opposed to the crap Nine serves up. Would be no different for the AFL in Queensland, I'd say tonight's game would be on 7Mate.

Will be interesting to see the viewer stats, though. Laughed and laughed when I saw some intra-Vic AFL game still got 125k viewers in NSW/QLD, while at the same time, an NRL game could only get 19k across Melbourne, Adelaide, and Perth (both games on 7Mate/Gem in their respective markets).

Oh yeah I reckon Queenslanders would make up about 70% of the viewership. Everyone else who would have watched is at the game!

I'll have to check that Pinback song out later. Gave one of their albums a spin earlier in the week, not bad. Listened to a bit of Low as well. Any other recommendations?

I'm open to all suggestions at the moment. The second half of this year has been all about getting back into music for me.

I've got two Low albums : Things we lost in the fire and C'mon. (C'mon I haven't played yet)

I've got two Low albums : Things we lost in the fire and C'mon. (C'mon I haven't played yet)

I Could Live in Hope and The Great Destroyer are their most well-regarded, the former in particular. Really sparse, haunting stuff.

Which Pinback album did you listen to?

As for other recommendations ... where do I even begin! How about something close to home? You ever listened to much of The Church? Their eighties albums are - with the exception of Remote Luxury - exceptional.

Axver said:
I Could Live in Hope and The Great Destroyer are their most well-regarded, the former in particular. Really sparse, haunting stuff.

Which Pinback album did you listen to?

As for other recommendations ... where do I even begin! How about something close to home? You ever listened to much of The Church? Their eighties albums are - with the exception of Remote Luxury - exceptional.

Will have to get on those next :up:

The Pinback album I listened to was Blue Screen of Life.

As for The Church I've not really heard much aside from "Under the Milky Way" :reject:

I'll second I Could Live In Hope. Funny, I listened to Things We Lost In The Fire today. I prefer ICLIH on the whole, but Dinosaur Act and July almost even things up.

Heyday and Starfish are good places to start with The Church. If you like those, I can highly recommend Priest = Aura as well. Great band.

Will have to get on those next :up:

The Pinback album I listened to was Blue Screen of Life.

As for The Church I've not really heard much aside from "Under the Milky Way" :reject:

Blue Screen Life is a great album, and probably their most well-known, but I don't think it's that immediate (outside of Penelope of course). If you enjoyed it though, definitely move on to Summer in Abaddon.

If you listen to their albums, you'll probably find a whole bunch of songs you recognise. Of Skins and Heart is good if you want something more post-punk (and you can probably sing along to The Unguarded Moment), The Blurred Crusade is fantastic and I totally recommend it (and you can probably sing along to Almost With You), Seance is my favourite album of theirs even if most people don't rate it (and you probably can't sing along to any of it), and Starfish is the token album everybody has and owns (and you can probably sing along to Reptile and maybe a couple of others as well as Under the Milky Way).

Heyday and Starfish are good places to start with The Church. If you like those, I can highly recommend Priest = Aura as well. Great band.

Totally agreed, though it's funny to see our different suggestions. I love Heyday, but I think Of Skins and Heart, The Blurred Crusade, and Seance are better. I like P=A when it's on but don't really come back to it much.

Fuck, Seance is so good, yet so overlooked. Electric Lash is my favourite Church song, I think.

Either that or my computer couldn't cope with installing updates and loading that at the same time (which is likely - I keep forgetting how old this machine is).

It was well worth the wait... that is a quality tune and I have a feeling it will grow on me quickly (going back for seconds already).

Those timed comments are quite annoying though... and I thought that image that the progress indicator travels along (what do you call that thing? Audio profile?) has a rather interesting shape... *ahem*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom