Bollard, Simmerath, Germany Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe when the bird is trying to vomit on me, it's trying to curse me with with ingestion by cat and devil.

Or it's just attempting Gaelic but bringing up that large egg Bonnie mentioned.

I got something about Russian and Irish out of that.

You did. I said "Well the Russian language is better than the Irish of course". The thing is, if I didn't change the sentence to suit English grammar, the result would've been; "Well Russian language of course better than Irish".

You did. I said "Well the Russian language is better than the Irish of course". The thing is, if I didn't change the sentence to suit English grammar, the result would've been; "Well Russian language of course better than Irish".

I like that 'nu' is 'well'. Makes all those nu-something genres look amusing. Well-metal, well-gaze ...

Mohawk/Kanien'keha is quite different to English... the words for different objects are sentence long descriptions of them, and pretty much everything is long. "Tohsa sasa'nikon:hren" = "don't forget". Good advice.

My dad listens to Russian classic rock. Pretty good stuff it is.

I've heard only a small handful of Russian bands ... Mechanical Poet had to be the most gimmicky metal band with the worst titles ever.

You can make the new thread, when we eventually get there. Have you done one yet? :hyper:

No, no, I meant the "location" below my avatar. :wink:

And yes, I was the creator of the Ranga, Iceland thread.

I've heard only a small handful of Russian bands ... Mechanical Poet had to be the most gimmicky metal band with the worst titles ever.

*ruffles through dad's CD collection*

Nah, he doesn't have that band, he has a few CDs of a band called "Nautilus Pompilius" among others.

*ruffles through dad's CD collection*

Nah, he doesn't have that band, he has a few CDs of a band called "Nautilus Pompilius" among others.

Haven't heard of them ... I think all the Russian bands I've heard have been underground metal kind of stuff though.

I fucking love The Morningside, who hail from Moscow. Exceptional atmospheric metal, even if a bit derivative of Agalloch and Katatonia (I realise I'm the only person here who knows what that means).

Haven't heard of them ... I think all the Russian bands I've heard have been underground metal kind of stuff though.

I fucking love The Morningside, who hail from Moscow. Exceptional atmospheric metal, even if a bit derivative of Agalloch and Katatonia (I realise I'm the only person here who knows what that means).

Oh, like I said, he's mostly a casual classic rock music listener. He would attempt to sing woefully when Lady Gaga would come onto the radio. :|

Oh, like I said, he's mostly a casual classic rock music listener. He would attempt to sing woefully when Lady Gaga would come onto the radio. :|

You have my sympathies!

I have to wonder what classic rock from Russia would be like though, given it'd have come from the Soviet era and had to have passed the state censor ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom