Bobos, Sumber, Indonesia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd recommend Napster or Rhapsody to Vlad, but since he's on dial-up, I assume that would be just as useless.

:der:

I tried downloading all of NLOTH when it leaked, it was supposed to take me about 10-15 hours? And it bummed out at 60%.

I think I'm going to have dinner. Mums off seeing Green Day tonight....so I've been left to fend for myself. I'll be back in a little bit.

If you guys wanna listen to Hockey I'm all good in the hood, But If you can wait,I'll join in later....

Hooray, the Hockey download's done!

And I've begun preparing tacos for dinner. Aw yeah.

Well, forgive me, Vlad. I'm not worthy of being privy to the oh-so-ubiquitous information is that is your connection speed. Have mercy upon me.

:rolleyes:

:wink:

I think it should be known universally that I run on dial-up. And i'm worse off for it. :yes:

Ashley, I have tried to get into The Dark Tower so many times. But I just CAN'T!! :sad:

I keep trying to finish book four, and I can't do it.

I hate the series mostly because it makes the less of King's books feel less real.

I've never got past the first one.
One thing I don't like about King is how his characters recur in different books. It REALLY throws me. :crack:

I like it in every book EXCEPT the Dark Tower. So mostly I blame the Dark Tower for my hatred over the overuse of Randell Flagg, but I guess I could as easily blame thato n King himself or on The Stand.

Stats time: Liam's stint in the top 10 Superthread posters has been brief. His 300 Club entry in Michigan City did not get him THAT far ahead of Reggo, who zinged Liam in Zing and has regained her 10th placing.

Nobody else changed positions or reached post count milestones.

I don't think I like The Resistance! :(

First two tracks are ace, the rest ... meh.

As for U-Wen's top five question, I must give a top six:

1. Isis: Wavering Radiant
2. Porcupine Tree: The Incident
3. Pure Reason Revolution: Amor Vincit Omnia
4. Russian Circles: Geneva
5. Amesoeurs: Amesoeurs
6. dredg: The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Funnily enough, one of my favourite King short stories is a Dark Tower offshoot. It's in Just After Sunset and it's called The Little Sisters of...something. /alzheimers.

It does "download," technically. At least Rhapsody does. You can't skip ahead through the track unless it's downloaded fully.

you can on Napster, but it rebuffers
Funnily enough, one of my favourite King short stories is a Dark Tower offshoot. It's in Just After Sunset and it's called The Little Sisters of...something. /alzheimers.

Oh God. Yeah, that story was ok.

How often do we see this?

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 112
User Name Posts
bono_man2002 23
bono_212 19
Vlad n U 2 13
Slopsy 13
LemonMelon 13
Axver 12
Reggo 8
major_panic 6
DreamOutLoud13 5

Axvowned!

First two tracks are ace, the rest ... meh.

As for U-Wen's top five question, I must give a top six:

1. Isis: Wavering Radiant
2. Porcupine Tree: The Incident
3. Pure Reason Revolution: Amor Vincit Omnia
4. Russian Circles: Geneva
5. Amesoeurs: Amesoeurs
6. dredg: The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Proud to say I've heard all of these except one, Ameosaurus Rex. PT is my fave, obvs, but Isis has such fucking good music.

Well, a lot of characters and places recur in his books because many of them take place in the same region of Maine, especially in Derry or Castle Rock. In other cases, bigger events happen outside of Maine in some books, and get mentioned in other books, as sort of urban legends (like the events of The Shining are mentioned in one book or another), and then there's Paul Sheldon, the writer in Misery, whose books are mentioned by a character in another book.

As for Flagg... he's a well traveled shit-stirrer. Where there's trouble, he tends to be there, and he works for the Crimson King, so that doubles his dastardly duties. His ability to use sorcery of whatever sort to travel between dimensions helps him easily end up in various places.

AND NO HATING ON EYES OF THE DRAGON, ASHLEY. It's really good and involves a dollhouse, kthx. Plus he wrote it for his daughter because she didn't like his previous gory-scary books.

If you were in LAST I'd say Axvowned.

Given my usual placing and the fact I've made 200+ in every fucking thread since July, that might as well be last!

Proud to say I've heard all of these except one, Ameosaurus Rex. PT is my fave, obvs, but Isis has such fucking good music.

Amesoeurs is French post-punk meets black metal. Featuring the guy behind Alcest and some woman he knows and a drummer called Winterhalter.

Yeah.

Back
Top Bottom