Blur

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annie_vox

Refugee
The new Damon Albarn album made me listen to his "old band" again... I used to like them a lot in the late 90s and Universal was my favourite song. I'm listening to a few songs again now and I guess I'm discovering Blur again.
I don't know if there's already a thread on them but if there isn't you can't leave your comments here;)

I love Blur! Granted, I only have their Best Of (the one with the 4 cartoon faces in different colors) which is really good. Favorite songs include The Universal, To The End, Charmless Man, Beetlebum, Coffee & TV, This Is A Low among others. :drool:

U2Man said:
zoot. are you not an arcade fire fan?

:uhoh: Other than Wake Up, I can't name anything else. I do have a couple more on my itunes but obviously I can't even remember the names.

thats a shame. you should hear their new album. it will knock you out.

check your email.

topic: i dig blur, but they are at their best when they kinda freak out (e.g. park life).

I'm a HUGE Blur fan...I love almost everything they've done, even songs from Leisure.

She's So High :drool:

I don't like Blur enough to start buying their albums, but their Best Of is simply excellent and is one of my favourite compilations, :heart: Fantastic variety and great tunes. "Tender" is probably my favourite Blur song.

Saracene said:
I don't like Blur enough to start buying their albums, but their Best Of is simply excellent and is one of my favourite compilations, :heart: Fantastic variety and great tunes. "Tender" is probably my favourite Blur song.

You should at least own Parklife. General consensus is that it's not only Blur's best album, but one of the best albums of the 90's. :shrug: It certainly is wonderfully unique, and Tracy Jacks is one of their best songs.

vaz02 said:
PARKLIFE!!!

For some reason the beginning of this song reminds me of the fictitious BBC sitcom, "Do Shut Up", the story of a hard-drinking but loving family of soccer hooligans.

The guyfrom eastenders ( kevin wickes ) narrates the song Parklife.

My mates got pissed of with me last year cos i kept singing parklife :lol:

I own 2 albums + the best of.
I've got Blur and 13, and 13 is my favourite.

In that years 13 was my all-time favourite album, especially Coffee & tv, and of cours B.L.U.R.E.M.I. (what the hell that may mean) :confused:

OnFire said:

For some reason the beginning of this song reminds me of the fictitious BBC sitcom, "Do Shut Up", the story of a hard-drinking but loving family of soccer hooligans.

Simpsons references + Blur = :love:

On Your Own :drool:
Country House :wink:
Parklife :lol:
For Tomorrow :love:

Tender :rockon:

Blur are fucking ace - they've only toured Australia once on thier 'Blur Tour' (self titled album - 1996?) - but when they brought out 'The Universal' on stage at the much missed Festival Hall in Brisbane - it was magic.

vaz02 said:
The guyfrom eastenders ( kevin wickes ) narrates the song Parklife.

My mates got pissed of with me last year cos i kept singing parklife :lol:

Wasn't it Phil Daniels who did the narration? :help:

Back
Top Bottom