Blue Ball, Ohio Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how old are you?
:shifty: nearly 24...

Then take her on the trip!
She has a 6-year-old to look after. Besides, she definitely will not enjoy me dragging her all over Oakland to look at insignificant intersections and railroad tracks as well as dragging her four hours from Oakland to Iron Peak to see an abandoned ranger tower.

I've done a little bit of archival research, it's a bit tedious but there's quite a thrill when you find something crucial. Both Melbourne and Wellington have pretty good archives. What is frustrating for me with regards to New Zealand history is that a huge chunk of the Hawkes Bay region's archives were destroyed by fire after the 1931 Napier earthquake. Luckily, I don't think I'll need to do too much work in the region, and the most important stuff would've been kept in Wellington.

Hopefully won't need archives from London at this stage. No bloody idea how I'd afford to go there to access them anyway. But during PhD, I imagine the possibility will come up.

Interesting stuff on the archives, good luck! I'm sure you'll get funding when the time comes for research in London - maybe consider spending a semester during your PhD as a visiting student there.

:shifty: nearly 24...

She has a 6-year-old to look after. Besides, she definitely will not enjoy me dragging her all over Oakland to look at insignificant intersections and railroad tracks as well as dragging her four hours from Oakland to Iron Peak to see an abandoned ranger tower.

You're authorized to go by yourself, then.

Seriously, though, I've traveled alone quite a bit and it is actually great for the nitty gritty stuff that nobody else would like to do - even your best friends.

You're authorized to go by yourself, then.

Seriously, though, I've traveled alone quite a bit and it is actually great for the nitty gritty stuff that nobody else would like to do - even your best friends.

I should. I totally should. It'd be so much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom