Bloc Party!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bollox

Refugee
okay, i couldn't find a thread here for bloc party so i decided to fix that. if you haven't heard of them yet, you will soon. insanely catchy dance-rock, sorta like franz ferdinand, but also sounds like the police. plus, their lead singer sounds like robert smith, which is always a good thing.

they're already getting hyped massively in the music press. i tell ya, these guys are gonna be the next arcade fire. except they DON'T suck!

anyway, check them out. my work here is done.

Meh. I find them to be tolerable, but if I hear Helicopter one more time... well, I don't know what I'll do.

Something. Something that may involve cynical and witless comments.

crap, overhyped group. i heard one or two songs before coming to that conclusion and they went NOWHERE!

blahblahblah said:
crap, overhyped group. i heard one or two songs before coming to that conclusion and they went NOWHERE!

They are a new band, how can they have went nowhere? I've heard a few songs by them and they seem alright, they seem to be getting a lot of attention recently, there's a lot of threads about them on another forum I go to with mainly British posters, I really don't know what blahblahblah is talking about because it seems to me like they are going to be pretty popular.

I have a friend from Dublin who insisted I check these guys out; Now, usually I don't get most music news until it's old to other people, but I was glad he pointed me in the direction of Bloc Party. I rather liked the stuff I've heard; Banquet especially.

cujo said:
Meh. I find them to be tolerable, but if I hear Helicopter one more time... well, I don't know what I'll do.

Something. Something that may involve cynical and witless comments.

Get out of Canada. Actually, dont. I only wish radio/tv played things even close to being as enjoyable as Bloc Party where I am! Stay where you are, buddy boy, and stop complaining. You could be listening to "Hangin' By a Moment" still, I seriously heard that on the radio a few weeks ago. Screw you radio, screw you.

Back to Bloc Party, I've only heard one of their songs, and I like it quite a bit. I wouldnt mind checking out the album.

About the comment about being like Arcade Fire, except they dont suck..... I'll have your fingers broken for that, and your ears checked for being filled with poopoo.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
hey lara, what forum is this that you go to? I love british music and am looking for a forum that discusses it a bit more.

Its the Embrace music forum (www.embrace.co.uk). They have one messy general forum but you'll find a lot of music discussion threads. :up: http://www.embrace.co.uk/forums/index.php

I have to agree with u2popmofo, I found out about the Arcade Fire by reading the threads here in B&C and checked them out, because the album wasn't released here yet a nice Interferencer sent me a copy. I have to admit they are really good, a real change from the other music around at the moment. It's been a cd I've listened to most this year. I wish they'd get more attention here. :up:

bollox said:

they're already getting hyped massively in the music press. i tell ya, these guys are gonna be the next arcade fire. except they DON'T suck!

and yet you just made a thread about the bloc party, right?

this doesn't seem somewhat wrong to you?

Lara Mullen said:
I really don't know what blahblahblah is talking about because it seems to me like they are going to be pretty popular.

So because YOU think they're going to be pretty popular my opinion is invalid?

They are a new band, how can they have went nowhere?

I said I heard a few songs and the songs went nowhere? Can you really hold it against me? I think the song was called 'Blue Light'...what the hell is that?! Boring, monotonous tripe I THOUGHT was going to turn into something but suddenly spluttered to a halt after the drums FINALLY started!

I'm sorry, this kind of music REALLY doesn't float my boat and to try and pass it off as something better by simply sticking the tag 'ART ROCK' on it is rubbish. Sorry, just the way I feel.

blahblahblah said:

So because YOU think they're going to be pretty popular my opinion is invalid?

I said I heard a few songs and the songs went nowhere? Can you really hold it against me? I think the song was called 'Blue Light'...what the hell is that?! Boring, monotonous tripe I THOUGHT was going to turn into something but suddenly spluttered to a halt after the drums FINALLY started!

I'm sorry, this kind of music REALLY doesn't float my boat and to try and pass it off as something better by simply sticking the tag 'ART ROCK' on it is rubbish. Sorry, just the way I feel.

If it had of been anyone else who said it I would have said the same thing.

I said I didn't know what you were talking about because you said
i heard one or two songs before coming to that conclusion and they went NOWHERE!

I thought the they was referring to the band. It wasn't that clear, at least to me, anyway.

I don't like lots of other music that folks really like around here. They like it. I don't. I couldn't care less if you thought Bloc Party were the worst band in existence and I didn't say anything abuot you not liking them. Fair enough. I didn't but I thought you were saying they went nowhere and for a new band to go nowehere, well, that doesn't make much sense, does it?

I don't think my opinion is any more valid than anyone elses here but I am allowed to voice it, as is everyone else. I hate when people jump down my throat though and think I'm having a go. Most of what I say around here is probably not paid much attention to. I don't think that my opinion is anymore right than anyone elses. :|

u2popmofo said:

You could be listening to "Hangin' By a Moment" still, I seriously heard that on the radio a few weeks ago. Screw you radio, screw you.

it's official. sorry, mofo, but there is no god. there can't be if you're still hearing that thing on the radio.

actually, i think you're hearing it because life house are releasing a new album (maybe it's out already). i just noticed the other day that itunes was trying to tell me that i wanted to buy it :down:

IWasBored said:

it's official. sorry, mofo, but there is no god. there can't be if you're still hearing that thing on the radio.

actually, i think you're hearing it because life house are releasing a new album (maybe it's out already). i just noticed the other day that itunes was trying to tell me that i wanted to buy it :down:

Oh god no... Oh wait, there is none.

there's a little bit of irony there, since i vaguely remember something about the band considering themselves a christian band.

but i might have mixed them up with someone else. it was from an interview i heard on the radio a few years ago (when that dreadful song came out), and there were like 1082589072398718924162783128025809182891723786124786532 other bands around that time who sounded exactly the same. default? the calling? creed? the list goes on.

Bought their cd the day it came out and am loving it right now. This Modern Love is playing as I type. Definitely hyped up right now which is typical of the UK press, but it's good stuff.

you're also not very old, right?

not that there's anything wrong with that, but i'd feel a whole lot better before i go to sleep tonite that you're not 20 or something.

"ur" isn't a word.

and your face is screaming, kate. it's screaming for me.

i've spent the better half of the day screaming "KATE!!!!!! KAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!"

it's a process. oh yes. a long, long process.

~caisenma

i'm screaming at you, kate.

i'm screaming.

look at my face in the avatar. i'm thinking about screaming.

Zoomerang96 said:

i'm screaming.

look at my face in the avatar. i'm thinking about screaming.

Words fall on deaf ears when you're communicating with idiots.

Lara Mullen said:

Words fall on deaf ears when you're communicating with idiots.

whaaa? i don't think i heard you.

:wink:

maybe if he spoke her language? i don't know who'd tutor him, though. i don't speak "kate" myself.

Back
Top Bottom