Blenders top 50 worst bands of all time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zonelistener said:
Meh.
I would personally replace Skinny Puppy with Poison or Stryper and Paul Oakenfold with Europe or Great White. But I am no Blender columnist.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THIS?????
Europe brought us 'The Final Countdown'!!

Zoner, come on! You're in the right age group here, tell me you never sang this with your school buddies?

Shame.

And yertle, I could hug you for the Floyd comments :D

Toad being on there totally negates their list. Live as well.

If they are counting solo people (Vanilla Ice) there are a TON more crappy solo people out there to pick on than these two fine bands.

Angela Harlem said:

HOW CAN YOU SAY THIS?????
Europe brought us 'The Final Countdown'!!

Zoner, come on! You're in the right age group here, tell me you never sang this with your school buddies?

Shame.

:mad:

You speak in past tense, Angela of 80'shairdom.

I STILL pull out the casio every week (wed. mornings), and pound out the chorus to one of Sweden's finest pop songs ever: "Final Countdown."

do do do dooo, do do da do do, do do do doooo..."It's the final countdown....."

Doesn't mean Europe doesn't suck though.

Shall I tell you about my Sunday morning (day of the sabath, of course) Stryper routine?

No Jefferson Starship, or airplane?

???

I must say that is a fine list... good or bad.

:up:

And Crash Test Dummies? Have they never heard the masterpieces of "mmm mmm mmm mmm" or "The Superman Song"? Come on. That's quality with a capital Hell yeah.

:sexywink:

There's a lot of Canadian content on the list. I am vindicated.

Last edited:
I'm surprised nobody has taken umbridge with Mick Jagger's inclusion on the list.
Now I know his solo work pales in comparison to the Stones, but still...its Mick F'in Jagger. His first solo album (She's The Boss) was actually pretty good.
And putting The Doors on the list is as we say in Boston, just wicked retahhhded.

martha said:
Bachman Turner Overdrive wasn't on that list.

Why the hell not, I don't know.

You could ask about Foreigner, Loverboy, Trooper, and any of Zoney's favorites... I am left dumbfounded and ill at ease.

Hair should go extinct.

:up:

Hewson said:
I'm surprised nobody has taken umbridge with Mick Jagger's inclusion on the list.
Now I know his solo work pales in comparison to the Stones, but still...its Mick F'in Jagger. His first solo album (She's The Boss) was actually pretty good.

Goddess In The Doorway is a great album too.

being that it's my birthday, i demand someone with this issue post why blender hates japan so. (they're #33.) maybe it was cuz of their earlier stuff (unless you like 80s metal in the 70s sung by a guy with a cockney accent, it probably won't be your cup of tea), but how can they hate their last three albums? quiet life set precedents and inspired tons of bands, especially duran duran, who begged japan to produce their debut album.

so anyway, someone post the japan entry please. :)

Japan-

Our readership would like to export you, but they don't want to have to pay the shipping expenses. So instead, we've dug you a hole. Enjoy.

-Blender

its a disgrace they put mick on the list!!!!!!!! wandering spirit and goddess in the doorway are very good albums. shes the boss and primitive cool are mediocre on average, but both still contain a couple of gems.

but i suppoose the journalist considers himself very coool including mick

I've never heard of Japan either. Or Skinny Puppy. Or a couple of others on this list.

What's with including the Doors but leaving out Poison and Warrant? And I like the Hooters, dagblamit! And since they somehow consider solo artists as bands, where the hell are Britney Spears and J-Lo?

cujo said:
Japan-

Our readership would like to export you, but they don't want to have to pay the shipping expenses. So instead, we've dug you a hole. Enjoy.

-Blender
:lmao: that is funny, except all their albums are available in the states. especially now that they're releasing the remasters.

thanks cujo. :D glad to see blender couldn't find a fault with their music.

as i type this, i am listening to the japan 2-disc greatest hits of sorts that my hubby was kind enough to buy for me.

i'm not surprised you guys haven't heard of them, as they only really had one or two hits in the states, and even in the u.k. they were kind of a cult band.

What? The Doors, Rick Wakeman (of YES fame)? Why are they there and Papa Roach and Limp Bizkit not? I like Goo Goo Dolls, Kansas and about 10 of the others. I can't understand why anyone would hate these bands with Whitney Houston, teen Pop, boy bands and rapmetal to choose from:tsk:

yeah, i remember reading the author came up with this list of what crappy bands seem to embody. my mom freaked out when she saw some of the people on the list, like emerson, lake, and palmer, and the doors.

they say that Live are from Harrisburg, PA. they didn't research too well...cos if they had, they'd know they're from York, PA

:wink:

I know a few people who are Skinny Puppy fans, I think they're industrial. Not on my top worst bands list though. Live is great in concert, but could stand to change their name! "I saw Live live" just sounds dumb! And the Doors!?!? WTF?? I think they just wanted to get a rise out of people for that one...

Back
Top Bottom