Billy Joel's We Didn't Start the Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Ya know, I've always been a fan of this song. And I always knew that it was about real life stuff that happened. I really do enjoy singing this song, but today I discovered a site that goes into details about everything Billy Joel is singing about. Now I knew about some of the stuff, but most I had no idea what it was about. After reading the page I realized how good this song actually is, and how messed up our world was/is. Billy Joel seems to nail it perfeclt. Now granted, it's about his generation "didn't start the fire, " since baby boomers and the such blame his generation. But still, check out this page. I have rediscovered this song and now think of it not only as a great song, but a song with true deep meaning to it, now that I understand what he is singing about.

http://www.rareexception.com/Garden/Eighties/Fire.asp

[color=royal blue]In me grade school music classes we'd play a game with that song every so often! Each group got popsicle sticks.....each stick had a phrase of the song written on it. Then we'd listen and have to put the sticks in order.

I miss that game.

ANYWAY....
[/color]

similarly to mona...in 5th grade we had to choose a line from it and write a report on the historical happening. i did the little rock 9. i loooved that report.

Lilly said:
similarly to mona...in 5th grade we had to choose a line from it and write a report on the historical happening. i did the little rock 9. i loooved that report.

WOW thats really cool! Great teacher huh?? i would have liked to get the line "James Dean":lol: :lol:

ccolhandlaura said:

WOW thats really cool! Great teacher huh?? i would have liked to get the line "James Dean":lol: :lol:

Yeah, that is a really cool ideal! I love teachers with fresh ideas like that! :)

I would have taken the line "U-2" and turned it to "U2" :p

Back
Top Bottom