Bill, Wyo. Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia still wins. SBS World News once had "SHIT HAPPENS" as its headline.

Bah, for once I'm hating the Desert Island "one track per artist" rule. It's so hard to pick which Porcupine Tree song to use when I'm frankly making a very Porcupine Tree-ish concept to begin with.

Collapse The Light Into Earth, Strip The Soul, Fadeaway, Hatesong, Russia On Ice - they'd all work really well.

Axver said:
Bah, for once I'm hating the Desert Island "one track per artist" rule. It's so hard to pick which Porcupine Tree song to use when I'm frankly making a very Porcupine Tree-ish concept to begin with.

Collapse The Light Into Earth, Strip The Soul, Fadeaway, Hatesong, Russia On Ice - they'd all work really well.

I'm sure you'll survive. :wink:

I will be sincerely disappointed if nobody says my compilation makes them want to kill themselves. This is so fucking bleak.

phanan said:
I'll be adding some bleak post-rock goodness to mine.

However, I'll be sure to counteract that with some lighter stuff.

Heh, I'm honestly worried I've too many songs that aren't bleak included. But we'll see. I'm really just sketching things at the moment. It'll be interesting how it comes together once I'm done. At the moment, to give you a taste of what I'm going for, my final three tracks are currently slated to be:

Sculptured - Our Illuminated Tomb
The Cure - Untitled
PT - Collapse The Light Into Earth

I'm also experimenting with live tracks. Not sure how far I'll get with that idea ...

the tourist said:
Hey, I was gonna use that! (Still will! :madspit: )
i remember there were some people, including me, who used the same songs on their setlists. i wonder if it'll be like that again. obviously there's a chance of it happening, but i remember it happening quite frequently last time.

KhanadaRhodes said:

Well, I want to use There Goes God by the Crowdies, and the live version from the Best Of's bonus disc slays the studio version.

phanan said:
Collapse :up:

My PT track appears to be Piano Lessons right now.

:reject: I don't know that one. All I have by them is In Absentia and Deadwing.

Axver said:
Well, I want to use There Goes God by the Crowdies, and the live version from the Best Of's bonus disc slays the studio version.
it's a personal thing, but i hate when it goes between live and studio material. like rattle and hum.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i remember there were some people, including me, who used the same songs on their setlists. i wonder if it'll be like that again. obviously there's a chance of it happening, but i remember it happening quite frequently last time.

You never know. I have a feeling that may be the only one that I have that has a chance of being duplicated on someone else's playlist.

KhanadaRhodes said:

Last time, it seemed like everyone used Muse's Map Of The Problematique. I even had it on mine at one point, but when I saw how overused it was, I pulled it. I ended up not even having Muse on there.

They are looking to be on this one, though.

phanan said:
Collapse :up:

My PT track appears to be Piano Lessons right now.

SuperWin.

As I think you know, that's my favourite PT song.

I might switch to Fadeaway, I'm not sure. Both work in the closing spot.

phanan said:

Last time, it seemed like everyone used Muse's Map Of The Problematique. I even had it on mine at one point, but when I saw how overused it was, I pulled it. I ended up not even having Muse on there.

I often forget about Muse. Though I've no idea what I'd use. :hmm:

KhanadaRhodes said:

it's a personal thing, but i hate when it goes between live and studio material. like rattle and hum.

Oh, so do I. But I also want the best version of songs. There Goes God may not even make it, though.

the tourist said:
we seem to agree on pretty much everything :wink:

phanan said:

i can promise you that song isn't on mine. nor is any muse song on mine. :wink:

Axver said:
Oh, so do I. But I also want the best version of songs. There Goes God may not even make it, though.
i agree.

and ugh, now i'm having second thoughts about the song i chose for this one artist. i'm torn between the song i chose months ago, and another song. either one would fit in the same spot so it's not like if i switched, i'd have to shift songs around to adjust the flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom