big news for Springsteen fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
hey guys, I was browsing the upcoming cd release schedule at work when I came across this interesting tidbit. apologies if this is common knowledge, it came as a surprise to me.

June 6

Ataris TBD/Studio CD
Chesney,Kenny TBD/Studio CD
Jacksoul TBD/Studio CD
Kreviazuk,Chantal TBD CD
Springsteen,Bruce TBD/Studio CD
Three Days Grace TBD/Studio CD
Timberlake,Justin TBD/Studio CD

June 6 DVD

Springsteen,Bruce TBD/Live DVD

there you have it... a new studio album from the man himself. not some sort of hits album or a live release, but a genuine new record! :D

followed a week later by a new live dvd!! :rockon:

Last edited:
The fact I will quit my job the week after that only makes June the best month ever!!

YAAY for Bruuuuuuuuce! :drool:

wow, this is very interesting. the rumor I'd read was that he was going to release an album of pete seeger covers later this year.

Matt786 said:
wow, this is very interesting. the rumor I'd read was that he was going to release an album of pete seeger covers later this year.

that would make sense. most likely what this is referring to.

I really hope that dvd is a full length Devils & Dust tour concert. :drool:

It could very well be. The final two Boston shows were filmed.

I hadn't heard about an album of Pete Seeger covers. I'm not sure if that's the direction I'd want him to go, to be honest, especially on the heels of Devils & Dust. I'd throw a new E Street album in between.

Then again, any new album is better than nothing.

It isn't referring to the Live in Hammersmith 1975 cd? If not, then i'm definitely enthused cause I wasn't all that excited about buying a cd I already owned in a DVD
Last year was awesome becuase the news of a cd in the works came out and like 2 months later it was finished and in stores :up:
.....not like certain bands who announce an album and half a decade later it's finally released :rolleyes:

June 6 DVD

Could that not be a live concert comitteed to a CD and then also a DVD? Same music too formats?

Meaning it could be just a live CD off the tour as well as a DVD counterpart.

I think its too soon.

But I can hope.

Tarvark said:
June 6 DVD

Could that not be a live concert comitteed to a CD and then also a DVD? Same music too formats?

Meaning it could be just a live CD off the tour as well as a DVD counterpart.

I think its too soon.

But I can hope.

In know what you mean, but no, the release schedule makes clear which releases are live and which are not. this is a studio album.

and to answer elevation2u, the same schedule has his live from 1975 concert listed for the 28th of February, so this is an altogether different cd.

the schedule is not set in stone, but it's based upon tentative information provided by the label.

Ok, Glad to know someone else loves that album as well!! :happy:

As long as he doesn't redo Lucky Town/Human Touch era he can do as many solo albums as he wishes..Ghost of Tom Joad, is one of my fave bruce albums :heart:....but of course, An E St band album and tour would be freakin sweet!

Bruce to release Pete Seeger tribute?
from Greasy Lake
A source in Sony says that Bruce is planning on releasing an album tentatively called The Seeger Sessions. The album is probably a collection of Pete Seeger songs recorded in 1998 of which "We Shall Overcome" was released on a Pete Seeger tribute, Where Have All the Flowers Gone. More than 10 songs were allegedly recorded during the sessions which featured a combo of musicians including Patti Scialfa, Soozie Tyrell, Ed Manion, Rich Rosenberg, Frank Bruno and others. The album, if the rumor is true, could be released in May.

I hope this isn't true..:reject:...but like someone said earlier it's better than nothing

The Bruce message boards say it will be the Pete Seeger thing

I have been listening to Devils and Dust again for about a month, I love it. The only one I skip is Reno :wink:

I like the idea of rotating between solo and E Street. I think it works well, and gives us more albums.

There are a couple of songs I still don't care for on Devils & Dust, but most of it is incredible.

as elevation2u mentioned...

this comes out on 2/28/06: Hammersmith Odeon Live 1975

"Until recently, only a few lucky concert-goers were able to experience the magical and the sensational night of November 18, 1975 at the Hammersmith Odeon in London. As soon as Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band took the stage that night, the performance immediately became a classic and defining moment in history of the band, perfectly encapsulating the passion, the drama, the intensity, and all that embodies this extraordinary band. Now, the entire concert is now available on a special two-CD set, featuring over two hours of live music. A must-have for any fan who wants to finally hear for him or herself this epic and historical event. Columbia. 2006."

Dorian Gray said:
hey guys, I was browsing the upcoming cd release schedule at work when I came across this interesting tidbit. apologies if this is common knowledge, it came as a surprise to me.

there you have it... a new studio album from the man himself. not some sort of hits album or a live release, but a genuine new record! :D

followed a week later by a new live dvd!! :rockon:

Yay Bruce and Chantal Kreviazuk

Lila64 said:
as elevation2u mentioned...

this comes out on 2/28/06: Hammersmith Odeon Live 1975

"Until recently, only a few lucky concert-goers were able to experience the magical and the sensational night of November 18, 1975 at the Hammersmith Odeon in London. As soon as Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band took the stage that night, the performance immediately became a classic and defining moment in history of the band, perfectly encapsulating the passion, the drama, the intensity, and all that embodies this extraordinary band. Now, the entire concert is now available on a special two-CD set, featuring over two hours of live music. A must-have for any fan who wants to finally hear for him or herself this epic and historical event. Columbia. 2006."

this has been available on iTunes for over a week now

grammy2005reh.jpg

capt.jpg

802517ba70e_56791861_10.jpg

610354Page_83_.jpg

101e1ea8.jpg

:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom