Big Brother: American Style (10th Anniversary Edition!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The cast has been announced and the latest season premieres this Sunday. To celebrate the historic 10th season of America's most popular reality series (it's not), the Emmy nominated (nope, never) classic (depends...) will be reverting back to its original format. By original format, they mean having a cast of perfect strangers, you know, the idea of the show in the first place. :doh:

Big Brother 10

This season will feature live evictions with a crowd for the first time since BB1 although it will thankfully forgo the public vote. We don't want to give Jerry the $500K right away, no? That's where producer interference comes in. Hey, it worked for Evel Dick. :angry:

I don't like sexist/evil neo-con Dan or the two ditzy blonds. Also, muscle guy looks really irritating (and he was on his episode of NEXT, don't ask). I don't think any of those have a shot at winning the game and neither does old guy Jerry who will either be too likable to win it or ostracized early on.

Video tours of the house have made their way to the internet. It has an "America through the decades" theme reflecting the wide range of ages and diverse opinions in the house. Not like we'll actually have time to see intellectual discussions with all of the strategic talk but at least they tried.

I can't wait until tomorrow night! I'm glad they threw in a couple of older people but I always fear they will never win. I love how they've gone back to having an audience on their departure a la BB UK and other versions.

I'm going to do the usual 2 week free feed thing and see if I will get the 3 months after if I like the dynamics. I didn't get BB9 feeds because I didn't like anyone on the show. In fact I can't even remember who was on it, yet I remember most from BB8.

Last season was the first season I didn't watch, but I'm going to give it a try again this time around.

I always think that one of these days, there has to be a reality show that doesn't start right off the bat with someone sticking out because they are so annoying. Surely people are smart enough to know that rubbing people the wrong way immediately puts a target on one's back, right? I mean, yeah, you can only suppress your true self for so long, but you can at least have a little self-control and hold back in the beginning to make a better first impression, right?

Guess not.

Renny...:crack:

^exactly.

Well I taped it due to going to a bbq last night so I'm about to watch it. I hope it's going to be good so I can get the feeds and enjoy them. But if it's anything like last season...in the winter....then I will avoid it all together.

I think this one will be better than the last one.

it is a better cast.

and no dumb (couples) concept.

People come in here with a life time of baggage.

I don't know what Renny's problems are.

We will see if the veto let's, her or Mr. Steroids off the block

do you think the level of respect for the contestants has increased since BB8? That's what turned me off about last summers season and made me give up on the show. I really felt the producers went too far in their efforts to create and maintain drama in the house.

And the people were frickin' repulsive to watch.

I haven't watched anything yet and can't anyway until next Monday because our shows air a week and a day late here. But I'll check out Jokers.

I completely understand why you lost interest.

It has swung back in the right direction.

There is a woman in a bi-racial marriage, with 3 bi-racial children

a young black man, that is a pastor?

a 76? year old Korean War vet, married to one person for 56 years.

Of course, I have only seen one episode.

There is a woman in a bi-racial marriage, with 3 bi-racial children

:rockon:

For that reason alone, I'll have to check it out.

Always got to give love to my fellow multi-racial peeps!

They don't have recaps for season 10 up on Jokers yet though? :( In recent years that's what I follow more closely than the TV show itsefl. Hopefully they'll start soon. They usually begin in tandem with the live feeds right?

Oh, man, last night's episode was awesome! I was originally bummed by how the veto competition went...but it was worth it!

I thought it was on Thursday, so I didn't tune in last night until halfway through. :mad:

I'm not very happy about the new HOH. :mad:

Glad to see Brian go though. :wave:

You can always watch the episodes on the CBS site if you miss anything. Brian definitely tried his damnedest to stay last night and I loved the puppet show. :applaud:

Unfortunately, he played the game strong way too early and justly received his dues. I hated his whining about "betrayal" when he did the same to so many others. Brought back flashbacks of Matt/Natalie from last season, the most unwatchable duo in the show's history. :doh:

HOH does blow. That kid adds nothing to the show. He'll put up the elderlies because he doesn't like Renny and Jerry nominated him. Unless something big goes down or he's part of a new alliance. Say what you will about the boring cast, eyesore of a house and live crowd that didn't change the eviction dynamics but I don't see this season devolving into one side against the other which is always boring. Nothing worse than knowing the nominees and evictee if either side grabs HOH. :down:

Well, the uninterest in this thread can only be reflected by the quality of the show this season. :down:

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm still watching. Anybody else?

Holy fighting last night...no pun intended with the word "holy"...:crack:

I didn't know the live on Ferguson bit was weekly...

It's actually become quite watchable and highly intriguing once we bestowed the honors of America's Player on Dan. Constant insults, returning houseguests, screaming matches...and now, we've got a heated two team battle for supremacy. But unlike BB6/BB9, I don't think there will be a stacked jury.

Libra/Keesha/Renny/Dan/Memphis: Four votes for anyone in this group
April/Ollie/Jerry: Two votes for anyone in this group
Michelle: Could go to anyone

Oops. Guess I was wrong. So, if any of Libra/Keesha/Renny/Dan/Memphis are in the Final Two against April/Ollie/Jerry, they've got the game won. Only interesting scenario is if Michelle makes it to the end against Libra/Keesha/Renny/Dan which would make Memphis the swing vote.

On the plus side, the jury is finally stacked in favor of the alliance that the viewers like, whereas the Friendship/Bible Bunch had automatic 4-3 victories. :down:

Michelle's nominations were ridiculously stupid. Her attempt at staying in the middle and targeting the larger alliance automatically placed her in with the smaller one. She's just as hated now by the larger alliance as April/Ollie/Jerry are. It'll be three (April/Ollie/Jerry) vs. four (LibraORKeesha/Renny/Dan/Memphis) in the next HOH. For Michelle, it's pretty good odds since Memphis likely won't put her up, not to mention that Dan might be courted by Memphis not to do as such. Odds wise, one of April/Ollie/Jerry will be headed out the door next week since they only have three competitors, one of which (Jerry) doesn't stand a chance. After April's sent packing, Michelle will attempt to lump herself back in with Memphis and his group, leaving Ollie/Jerry needing to win every single HOH from the Final Seven to win the game or else face losing to a member of the larger alliance as the best possible scenario.

9th Place: Libra
8th Place: April
7th Place: Jerry (Mob mentality returns...major alliance will put pressure on everyone to nominate Ollie/Jerry or else be the next week's target)
6th Place: Michelle or Memphis (I think this pair will be broken up, especially because they decided to straddle both sides)
5th Place: Ollie (outcast Ollie is sent home, ending the minor alliance)
4th Place: Memphis/Michelle (Jury threats since they can sweep the minor three's vote & earn each other's)
3rd Place: Keesha
Final Two: Dan/Renny (Dan holds on longer in the endurance challenge and outwits Keesha in the third part of the Final HOH)

Libra: Renny
April:
Jerry: Renny (Can't vote for "Judas")
Memphis: Dan
Ollie:
Michelle: Dan, as per Memphis's guidance
Keesha: Renny

In this scenario, the season's coupling would be the game changers. I see it as highly likely that April votes for a female winner while Ollie wants one as well because he's jealous of Dan...either way, it'd only take one vote.

Any way I can slice it, if Libra is sent home this week, Renny becomes the de facto automatic F2 player. Everyone will want to take her to the end and the fact that she's in the stronger alliance means you aren't betraying your own in order to let her slide through...

Yep, Julie's been on Ferguson the past 2 weeks and they announced it was going to be a regular thing. It's entertaining. If you are up that late or can TiVo it, it's worth it! Craig Ferguson is so funny anyway. But he's getting into the show and characters so it's a funny bit to look forward to every week on his show! :up:

I can't stand Jerry. Pretty disappointing...although I guess I shouldn't have assumed just from his age that he would be the nice, sweet, grandfatherly figure I'd want to root for.

Me too. Jerry is a bit over the top and I think they edited out more of what he said to Dan. I can't wait for him to find out that Dan never had a choice in the vote as America voted to oust Pinhead....er...Jessie.

I have the feeds but rarely watch because whenever I do they aren't doing anything but exercising or eating. So far I had a tough time on who to go for but I've settled on Renny being my favourite and now I find Memphis is probably playing the best game, which in the end, this is a player that I would most likely want to see win. Someone who played the game the best.

With Dan. I disagree with his personal choices(politics, religion, views on women) in the real world but within the show I like him. He's been good entertainment so far.

April is horrible, full stop.

Back
Top Bottom