Big Bone Lick State Park, Kentucky, USA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gluey said:

I can understand that. I'm going private for my op. 14 days to go :yikes: Glad to hear she's doing ok. :hug:

Oh, your operation's coming up? I hope that goes well. Will you be in hospital long?

Axver said:

Oh, your operation's coming up? I hope that goes well. Will you be in hospital long?

Yeah, it's crept up on me. All being well I'll only be in overnight. It's not major in that sense - just in through the groin. Getting a bit shit scared about it now :yikes:

ELVIS WON!!! :lmao:

Varitek said:

so you recommend camel? i like rush, what i've heard of it...any other recommendations?

I recommend Camel's debut. I need to get more by them. Rush are hit and miss for me ... Moving Pictures is my favourite album by them.

Liam's really the one to ask for first wave prog as he's more interested in it than I am.

gluey said:

Yeah, it's crept up on me. All being well I'll only be in overnight. It's not major in that sense - just in through the groin. Getting a bit shit scared about it now :yikes:

Eeek. Mum had an operation back in April, just an outpatient job, and I've intentionally forgot what they did to her because when she described it to me, it made me squirm! All I wanted to know was that they were doing some exploratory work in her stomach preceding the operation she still has to have done. I didn't need the details!

Axver said:

King Crimson's album In The Court Of The Crimson King is generally regarded as the first prog album (with the Pink Floyd albums predating it considered psychedelia, not prog).

The other major first wave prog bands were groups like Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Van Der Graaf Generator, Rush, Camel, and Jethro Tull.

I'm not that into the first wave of prog. Mainly Pink Floyd and Camel. I think Genesis in particular is one of the reasons why there is anti-prog stigma.

I unlike Axver love the first wave of prog. Two bands of interest at the time were Focus and Renaissance. Both incredibly beautiful. Focus was jazz fusion art rock and Renaissance was pop and classical art rock. I listen to them a lot during the summer. It sounds very European.

good luck gluey, and ax's mom.

i think i'm about to have a prolonged nap but otherwise i'd ask about the private system there...

G'day Screwtape. :wave:

Yeah, should've mentioned you along with Liam as someone who knows more what they're talking about with first wave prog.

Bonnie needs to hurry up and get back. I want to talk shoegazing with her.

Screwtape, are you acquianted with the joys of shoegazing?

Screwtape2 said:

Some. I really enjoy the genre.

What are you familiar with? I think Nowhere by Ride is the ultimate shoegazer album, and one of my favourite albums ever.

Currently just about to put one Swervedriver song, You Find It Everywhere, on repeat because it's so fucking catchy and memorable. Sure, it could use more substantial lyrics, but I don't care too much right now.

coolian2 said:
I'm so tired.

Once Boston Legal is done i'll be doing some serious sleeping.

i used to watch The Practice, its predecessor, but that show started right before or right after I went to college and I never bothered with it.

Axver said:

What are you familiar with? I think Nowhere by Ride is the ultimate shoegazer album, and one of my favourite albums ever.

Currently just about to put one Swervedriver song, You Find It Everywhere, on repeat because it's so fucking catchy and memorable. Sure, it could use more substantial lyrics, but I don't care too much right now.

i'd really like to hear ride.

I just put on You Find It Everywhere, I like it quite a bit.

Axver said:

I don't know Nowhere By Ride.

My favorite shoegazer album is Pet Grief by The Radio Dept. Not spectacular but a fun listening experience.

Varitek said:

i'd really like to hear ride.

I just put on You Find It Everywhere, I like it quite a bit.

I have plenty of uploading to do, it seems. If I remember correctly, I also promised Alcest.

My other picks on the album are Duel and Blowin' Cool, though keep in mind I've only had it for about a week so I'm sure some stuff needs time to grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom