Best Radiohead B-sides?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
(no order)

Permanent Daylight
Killer Cars
How I Made My Millions
Palo Alto
Lozenge of Love
Killer Cars
Worrywort
Cuttooth
Polyethelene Pts. 1+2
Pearly*
Transatlantic Drawl
Bishop's Robes
Talk Show Host
Where Bluebirds Fly

Now you. sure I've forgotten loads.

a reminder
how can you be sure?

those are just off the top of my head, i know there's waaayy more...

Everything off of My Iron Lung EP and Airbag/How am I Driving, as well as Talk Show Host :drool:

bsp77 said:
Talk Show Host :drool:

:drool:

I must say, though, I've never been too wild on Killer Cars. I think it's the first few seconds that really turn me off.

How Can You Be Sure is great.

There is an Amnesiac-era b-side called Cuttooth, and it is one of the most chilling, dark, scary, pop/rock songs I've ever heard.

I've never heard Cuttooth before...any chances of YSI-ing it? :wink:

yeah, make sure you hear it pretty damn quickly...amazing song. As most of the Amnesiac B-sides are...

blahblahblah said:
(no order)

Permanent Daylight
Killer Cars
How I Made My Millions
Palo Alto
Lozenge of Love
Killer Cars
Worrywort
Cuttooth
Polyethelene Pts. 1+2
Pearly*
Transatlantic Drawl
Bishop's Robes
Talk Show Host
Where Bluebirds Fly

Now you. sure I've forgotten loads.

true love waits

these are my favorites...

killer cars
banana co
how can you be sure
india rubber
fog/fog (again)
i will (los angeles version)

"A Reminder," which is only the best fucking Radiohead song ever.

"Fog" and "Cuttooth" are great too.

mmm! I've got a good live version from Berlin (July 2000) if you're interested?

my favs are lewis mistreated, fog, talk show host, lull, pearly, polyethelyne, the trickster, a reminder, punchdrunk lovesick..

there's a hell of a lot of great ones, really.

not sure i'd count true love waits as a b-side, but if so then it would be near the top as well.

Last edited:
What I would put on a b-sides album:

1. Jerusalem/Mr. B (Joshua Tree/Dylan ripoff from their On a Friday demo. it has two alternate titles because someone got it wrong and no one's completely sure.)

2. Inside My Head (Pablo Honey era b-side. was originally going to be the debut single. then they recorded "Creep.")

3. Coke Babies (Pablo Honey era b-side. sounds completely unlike what you'd think from the title.)

4. The Trickster (from the My Iron Lung EP which came out before The Bends. Radiohead's catchiest song ever.)

5. Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong (from the My Iron Lung EP. proto-OK Computer.)

6. Lozenge of Love (from the My Iron Lung EP. subtle acoustic beauty. lyrics taken from Philip Larkin.)

7. Talk Show Host (b-side from Street Spirit single #1, and Baz Luhrmann's Romeo+Juliet film. proto-Kid A. legendary.)

8. Bishop's Robes (b-side from Street Spirit single #1. as good as Talk Show Host if not better.)

9. Pearly* (b-side from Paranoid Android single #1. also on out of print Airbag/How Am I Driving EP. their best political song ever, and their most lo-fi indie thing ever, and Thom's most impressive falsetto ever, and just all around brilliant.)

10. A Reminder (b-side from Paranoid Android single #2. also on Airbag EP. atmospheric ballad featuring announcements from the Prague metro.)

11. Polyethylene [Parts 1 and 2] (b-side from Paranoid Android single #1. also on Airbag EP. here is all you'll ever need of "OK Computer 2."

12. Meeting in the Aisle (b-side from Karma Police single. Radiohead's first and definitely sexiest instrumental track. proto-Kid A/Amnesiac.)

13. Palo Alto (b-side from No Surprises single. RH does pop-punk better than anyone. makes your ears bleed.)

14. Kinetic (they didn't release any proper singles from Kid A, thus the jump to Amnesiac-- b-side from Pyramid Song single. samples a drum break from Miles Davis' Bitches Brew. without crediting it!)

15. Cuttooth (b-side from Knives Out single. Radiohead's most depressing song, tragic sequel to "Punchdrunk Lovesick." contains lyrics that were later appropriated for "Myxomatosis." this song's a bit better.)

16. Transatlantic Drawl (b-side from Pyramid Song single. Radiohead being Mclusky, then suddenly becoming a sad old horror movie soundtrack. Extremely raw.)

17. Fog (from Knives Out single. along with Pearly*, The Trickster,
and Talk Show Host/Bishop's Robes, their best b-side ever.)

18. Paperbag Writer (b-side from There There single. Radiohead's funkiest song.)

19. Gagging Order (b-side from Go to Sleep single. Thom Yorke and an acoustic guitar, as much of a return to basics as you're going to get. Reminds me of Joni Mitchell. Put this with "Fog" and the others as their best b-side ever.)

hidden track 20 could be the "LA version" of "I Will," a much superior take featuring full band and backing vocals.

And I still left off lots of ones that are worth hearing.

Avoid: "I Am a Citizen Insane," "Fast-track," "Million Dollar Question," "Faithless the Wonder Boy."

"Pop is Dead" is er, a cult favorite. And it's not technically a b-side. It was actually a single!

Too many to list, and I'm too tired. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

For the record though, the acoustic version of 'Killer Cars' owns me. Actually it 0WnZ me. Whatever.

follow me around.

get on it people; fuckin a.

bread n' whine said:

4. The Trickster (from the My Iron Lung EP which came out before The Bends. Radiohead's catchiest song ever.)

7. Talk Show Host (b-side from Street Spirit single #1, and Baz Luhrmann's Romeo+Juliet film. proto-Kid A. legendary.)

8. Bishop's Robes (b-side from Street Spirit single #1. as good as Talk Show Host if not better.)

16. Transatlantic Drawl (b-side from Pyramid Song single. Radiohead being Mclusky, then suddenly becoming a sad old horror movie soundtrack. Extremely raw.)

These are my favorites...nice analysis, too.

Special nod to "Alligators in New York Sewers".

Too bad there isn't a thread about unreleased Radiohead songs...'cause Big Ideas (aka Nude, I believe) is by far Yorke's best vocal melody to date (In my opinion). Heartbreakingly good.

Back
Top Bottom