Best Radiohead B-sides?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blahblahblah said:

look, there are good instrumentals and bad ones. "Treefingers" is one of my favorite Radiohead songs ever. "Hunting Bears" is a pleasant interlude. "Meeting in the Aisle" is awesome.

"Fast Track" is a poor excuse for an "experimental" track and an insult to fans who buy singles for b-sides, and "I Am a Citizen Insane" is self parody, not even experimental. Autechre sounded like that, nice and melodic and blippy bloopy, ten fucking years ago. Radiohead never just ripped off the IDM genre like elitist idiots said they did, until that track. Well maybe the title track of Kid A (="Flim" by Aphex Twin), but it's still more creative.

Seeing as how "Fog (again)" was also on the same single, you cant blame them that much. If you buy any Radiohead singles, Make them:

Go to Sleep #2 (not #1!) - Gagging Order, I Am a Wicked Child (exhibit A for the "Radiohead could still make a brilliant Bends 2 if they wanted to" argument. well actually "Wicked Child" is nothing that special. but it's a fun tossoff, purer rock n roll than anything RH has done.)
Street Spirit #1 - Talk Show Host, Bishop's Robes (the legendary single that proved they were the best band in the world, xmas 95)
No Surprises #1 - Palo Alto, How I Made My Millions (nice addition to Airbag EP)
Fake Plastic Trees #2 - FPT live acoustic '95, Bulletproof live acoustic '95, Street Spirit live acoustic '95 (Thom's voice is heartbreaking on these)
Pyramid Song maxi single - The Amazing Sounds of Orgy, Transatlantic Drawl, Kinetic (interesting leftovers from the Kid A/Amnesiac sessions)
Knives Out #2 - Fog, Worrywort (beautifully depressing)

That should get you all the best ones you miss on the 2 EPs. You'll have to buy Paranoid Android and Karma Police singles if you cant get the Airbag EP and want official CDs with what's on it.

Back
Top Bottom