Best Pearl Jam album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

No live records included, but I'm sure you'll live:

• Ten

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Vs.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Vitalogy

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • No Code

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Yield

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Binaural

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Riot Act

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pearl Jam

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
In light of the recent Pearl Jam tour, I figured this thread would be fun. We have a number of hardcore PJ fans here, so I'm pretty curious to see what wins.

Count me on the Vitalogy bandwagon. It's such a fun record, very experimental and quirky. The first three tracks are amazing. I even like the supposedly crappy miniature tracks, as I think they break up the album and prevent it from being an homogeneous hard rock mess. Foxymophandlemama still scares the shit out of me. Great record.

Last edited:
Aardvark747 said:
Toss up between Vs and Ten for me. But i've gotta give it to Ten. I love every track and Black is just superb :up:

Alive is my favorite Pearl Jam song (and a large part of why I'm such a big Mike McCready fan), so it was difficult for me not to pick Ten.

As cliche as this sounds I have to say Ten. And I love every one of their albums! Ten is just amazing from start to finish... one of the greatest records of the 90s if not all-time!

vs is my favorite, and then you could rank them in order from oldest to newest for me.

i still like them, and their newer albums are ok, but i think they get a little worse with every album.

Vitalogy is my favorite. It has the best PJ ballad (Immortality), the best PJ rocker (Corduroy) and so much more. It has that crazy raw production and Eddie's vocals are sick. Oh, and Bugs rules. Imagine being at the top of your popularity and release a song like that. Now that's rock and roll. :wink:

Ten is a close second. The production hurts it a bit, although song-wise it is probably the finest of them all.

No Code would be my number 3. All of them are great, great albums.

the tourist said:
Binaural.

:drool:

Binaural is a really really really really really good album. Wish I could have voted for it but Ten just had to be so damn awesome. :(

That said, Evacuation sucks balls!

Good question LemonMelon :up: .......but a very difficult question to answer.

I love every one of their albums with all my heart and am probably in the minority among big-time PJ fans because I generally prefer to listen to the studio recordings of their work rather than the bootlegs.

Don't get me wrong, though, because Pearl Jam is the best live band goin' today, and the best concert experiences of my life have been at their shows.

Anyway, I've already started to ramble on this subject...a subject which I could ramble about ceaselessly until my fingers bleed.

I could give reasons why each one of these albums is deserving of my vote but I just cannot bring myself to give it to anything other than TEN...

An absolute beast of an LP. Eddie was waiting his whole life to deliver these songs, and deliver he did.

On TEN, the band introduced themselves to the public at large with power, passion, intensity, beauty, and a collection of CLASSIC songs.

They haven't looked back since.

Popmartijn said:
And Breakerfall kicks ass!
:D

i agree!

im going with Vs. although Ten is bloody amazing! Vitalogy is another great one.

its like U2, they have way too many awesome albums just to choose one

COBL_04 said:
So for the completely uneducated, what sort of music do Pearl Jam play?

Hard rock with a ton of classic rock influences (Who, Sabbath, Zep) and maybe some punk edge from time to time. Just go on youtube or something. Search for Black, Alive, Not For You, Dissident, Corduroy, and Yellow Ledbetter. If you love Eddie Vedder's voice, you'll love this band.

Vitalogy!!! I freakin' love this album!!

Satan's bed, Last Exit, Nothingman (fuckin' beautiful song), Corduroy, Tremor freakin' Christ, Betterman, sping the black circle, not for you, and yes I freakin' love BUGS!!!!!

Not a huge fan of the ones I left out :D

I love this album! :)

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:

Hard rock with a ton of classic rock influences (Who, Sabbath, Zep) and maybe some punk edge from time to time. Just go on youtube or something. Search for Black, Alive, Not For You, Dissident, Corduroy, and Yellow Ledbetter. If you love Eddie Vedder's voice, you'll love this band.

Cheers, will do!

No Code, for its diversity, and for how introspective the writing is. In My Tree, Who You Are, Present Tense, I'm Open, etc. Then you have shit like Red Mosquito that blows my mind, and some really nice ballads as well like Smile, Off He Goes and Around the Bend.

Ten has to be one of the most overrated albums imaginable. Totally overproduced, the second half has some huge fall-off (despite Porch), and Jeremy is just godawful. The album is SO dated.

It's really an insult to Pearl Jam and what they've accomplished (and evolved to) over the years to vote for their debut album. I hope to god it doesn't win this thing.

Back
Top Bottom