Best PC Games

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ace Rimmer

The Fly
After recently upgrading my Pc I can now play games other than "Pong" on it
wink.gif
So any reccomendations, I like the Unreal/Doom type games and the Command and Conquer series, I also used to like 3D Adventure games such as Tomb raider and Point and click classics such as Monkey Island so which games do you all play and should I look out for..??

Is Half Life as good as they say?

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

My favorites are roll playing games like final fantsy and, the most addictive games are the ones like starcraft, warcraft, and age of empires where you start from scratch, build up an army and a city, and attack other people whilst defending youself.

get starcraft.

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Quake 1 and Quake 2
Dark Forces
Dark Forces II: Jediknight
Jediknight: Mysteries of the Sith (add-on)
Jedi Outcast (Dark Forces III) (playing now)
Diablo 2 (warning - this is digital Crack!!)
Half Life

With the exception of Diablo, the rest are first person "shooters". Diablo is the most addictive game I have ever played. My wife forgot I lived with her for over a month...

THE SIMS.
vampire mascurade.
i dont realy like pc games cause these pc's can crash any time and are usually slow no mater how powerfull your pc is.
so stick with ps2 or xbox and you will not pull your hair every time you get far in the game and the dam thing freezes or just slows down when they are two many things on the screen.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES
i dont want to be a pinhead no more.

Alice.
Diablo II w/expansion pack

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

All those are good!
I'd like to add Medal of Honor and Half-Life for FPS. If you want to test your Godly powers get Black & WHite. It's an interesting study in AI.

Have Fun

Thanks for your replies, I will check some out, people rave on about Diablo and Age of empires so I will hunt them down, Is Diablo like Final fantasy?? I have also just seen star wars episode 2 so am in the mood for a bit of light sabering
wink.gif
after reading up on Half life that also seems like a must..

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

First Person Shooters:
Aliens Vs. Predator 2*
Jedi Outcast (3rd person)
Hitman 2 (3rd person?)
Half-life (yes it really is as good as they say it is)

Adventure:
Diablo 2 w/ expansion
Dungeon Siege (2?)

Simulators:
The Sims

Real-time Strategy:
Age of Empires
Civilzations 3
Starcraft
Warcraft 3 (when its released, if it isnt already)

*Ive heard mixed things about AvP2, but I love it, although needless to say Im a fan of the aliens legacy and the two predator movies, but meh... I think its good, but I dont have much experiance playing quake and half-life and such so I dont have much grounds on which to compare it... If ya want, check it out, if not, no worries. Just a warning though, you need lots of RAM, it can be quite ungodly at times having to wait for levels to load.

The Sims
Deer hunter 3
Starcraft brood war
Diablo 2 LOD
Rollercoaster tycoon
Civ

------------------
*insert amusing signature here*

They're right - Diablo II (With xpac) is the most addictive thing ever created. Beware beware beware!
http://www.diabloii.net

Quake 2 (in my opinion the best of the Quakes)
Alpha Centauri
Heroes
Tribes
Starcraft
Half-Life

Contrary to the opinions of every other person on this planet, I offer the following advice:

Do not get The Sims!
Do not get The Sims!
Do not get The Sims!

But of course the #1 game of all time would be Angband/TOME
http://thangorodrim.angband.org http://www.t-o-m-e.net

Do not get The Sims!
wink.gif

StarCraft is solid, but might want to wait for WarCraft III this fall. Until then...

Age of Empires II
Unreal Tournament is a pretty wild FPS
Certainly check out Half-Life
Haven't played Max Payne, but most everyone liked that.

Thief is a lesser-known series that is very good.

And as far as the FPS games that I've played, Deus Ex is my favorite.

You can find loads of reviews for everything at www.gamerankings.com.

[This message has been edited by MSU2mike (edited 05-21-2002).]

Baulder's Gate
Baulder's Gate II Shadows of Amn

Both are excellent Dungeons and Dragons style games. I recommened getting the expansion packs.

------------------
Sunday all the lights of London / Shining, sky is fading red to blue / I'm kicking through the Autumn leaves / And wondering where it is you might be going to

Love,
Emily

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
Emily's Wallpapers
</A>

Originally posted by Squid:
They're right - Diablo II (With xpac) is the most addictive thing ever created. Beware beware beware!

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

If you are into 3D Doom-type games, then I would highly recommend getting No One Lives Forever... its like a 60s style spy game, and probably the best 3d game Ive ever played. Return to Castle Wolfenstein is great, too.

Back
Top Bottom