Best Of 2000s Master List and Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm glad you liked it Screw. Thanks for the kind words and not being scared off by the first two songs! :D I'm especially glad you thought it was unified ... if I really pulled off throwing Norma Jean and Radiohead on the same list and having it be unified, well, go me :D

Just finished Axver's. I really enjoyed it and I think it'll probably have a different feeling than a lot of the other playlists. Favourite song was probably Deus Ex Machina... I need to get some Pure Reason Revolution, 'cause I like every song I've heard by them from DI players. I really liked the post-rock stuff too, especially the last track. The Melechesh and Agalloch tracks made me smile 'cause they sound like the kind of music my friend/bandmate listens to (I like it too, though I don't love it). If I have time after listening to the other lists I'll give this another listen, because the only tracks I already had were PT, Blackfield, and God is an Astronaut, so it's hard to judge it against lists where I already know and love half the songs.

Onto LM's now and it's off to a good start :up:

man, Weird Fishes is such a gorgeous song. I haven't listened to In Rainbows in full in awhile (whoa, three in's) ... need to do that.

That was the same problem I ran into. Maybe they have a short inactivity limit or something.

Of course, I'm willing to bet that you guys all have the songs on my list already! :wink: It is going to be close to impossible for me to upload the files again, with the slow internet and limited bandwidth I have. It took me more than 2 hours to upload that file and it is inactive already? Fuck!

Of course, I'm willing to bet that you guys all have the songs on my list already! :wink: It is going to be close to impossible for me to upload the files again, with the slow internet and limited bandwidth I have. It took me more than 2 hours to upload that file and it is inactive already? Fuck!

I actually don't have six of the songs from your list :wink:

If media fire is being weird people could try a different upload site... rapid share, mega upload, send space, etc

I finished LM's list. Some great songs (probably about six or so that I'd agree are really some of the best of the decade) and some other good songs. And despite the fact that I really don't care for the song Chicago, it transitioned really well into Beck. I thought the last two songs were an appropriate ending to the list, also.

Listening to irishteen's now...I had all but 4 of the songs from it already, so it's probably going to end up as one of my favourites. Love it so far...Infra-Red :up:

Of course, I'm willing to bet that you guys all have the songs on my list already! :wink:

False. I don't have 9 out of your 17.

Use send space. They never delete a file, unless it's inactive, and even then, it has to be inactive for 30 days.

Last edited:
I just realized that I didnt number my tracks. That means that you will have to put them in order manually. Wont that be fun?

I just realized that I didnt number my tracks. That means that you will have to put them in order manually. Wont that be fun?

Yeah I don't think I did either ... sorry guys! I'm listening to yours now btw :up:

Irishteen's was quite enjoyable and so far probably the closest to my taste (we even used the same U2 song :D ) ... I'd say about half the list aligns with my view of the decade's best, and there wasn't a single song I disliked. awesome job :up:

Finished Jive Turkey's, which is another list I hope I can listen to again since I was unfamiliar with so many of the songs. The biggest surprise was definitely the Sufjan song. I'm not much of a Sufjan fan but I actually really enjoyed that one... maybe Michigan is just a cooler place than Illinois :wink: The list also had my favourite closing song so far... I considered using Leif Erikson in my list, but I'd used it in my last DI and didn't want to repeat myself (there are a number of Interpol songs I consider equally awesome). There were a few other really great songs on this list, and then there were some I couldn't really get into - I really don't understand Of Montreal, and the Fleet Foxes-->Bright Eyes stretch was a little too folksy mellow for my taste, although I appreciate how well the songs went together.

I'm taking a break from these for a little bit after listening to four in a row (Tuesdays=homework allll day for my 5 classes Wednesday, hence all day to listen to music), but I'll either listen to Imp's or LMP's next. So far all the lists are really good and there has been very little overlap, so that's awesome :up:

AtomicBono's list was a good one to start on, not into some stuff on it but it was nice to hear something that was a little different to the forum's usual taste. I really liked the songs I already knew and loved some of the songs I'd never heard of before Bloc Party, Radiohead, U2 and Porcupine Tree were clear highlights but it was really well put together

Decided I'd get an early start today and listen to some of these lists before I have to take care of any real life responsibilities. Going with Lance's right now and, besides the obviously fantastic cover art, he had the balls to start it off with a great and unheralded R.E.M. song off of maybe the most-maligned album of the band's career. Followed by There There. Great opening. This list is a winner already, and I see a handful of tracks I love coming up later.

Well, of course he likes it. That's not what I was saying. I just really liked the choice, is all.

Anyway, the Dirty Projectors song on this list was maybe the second song I've ever heard by them...it was cool. The Jenny Lewis track is great and was the standout song on that album.

Well, of course he likes it. That's not what I was saying. I just really liked the choice, is all.

I've Been High is one of my favorite REM songs period. And the only track this decade of their I'd rank nearly so high. Although I do think Reveal is a much stronger album than most give credit for, and certainly not as reviled at Around The Sun is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom