Best Non-U2 concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyGirl

The Fly
What's the best concert you've ever been to, excluding U2?

Just wondering, for my own benefit. I'd like to see your replies to see which bands are superior live. And since we all know U2 rocks, there's no use mentioning them. I apologize if this question has ever been asked in the past... I guess then, I'm pleading for someone to post me a link to a thread similar to this.

And I also apologize for making such a lame thread. ...This is a lame thread. Help me out though...

------------------
i'm too busy to see you
you're too busy to wait

[This message has been edited by FlyGirl (edited 05-07-2002).]

Muse probably is the 2nd best after U2

Coldplay- cus i met them
biggrin.gif

Travis

Stereophonics

Westlife

*Sorry i couldnt just pick one!

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
The Boss

Gotta agree w Gina here.
Close 2nds are-
Stones
Who
and-Zepplin, back in the day.
biggrin.gif

DB9

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Prince, and Moby.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Pink Floyd '89. Amazing. It wasn't a concert, it was an experience.

and then 6 days later I saw U2 for the third time.

What a great week.

That's easy...The Who!!!!!!

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Either Pearl Jam or Live

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

Rolling Stones on the Bridges to Babylon Tour!

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

I have to say four because they were all amazing:
Beck - Midnight Vultures tour
The Slackers - at Calcedonia
The Business - summer 2000 tour (Mickey Fitz let me sing)
Gorillaz / Dan the automator

yeahhhhhhhh......

------------------
It's like lotto - you gotta be in it to win it.

Keepin it krunk...

Well this isn't too hard, since I have only seen two concerts besides U2....
Chris Cornell on his solo tour....2000. I was directly in front of him the whole night, a homecoming concert for him.
What a night...

Beck, Midnite Vultures Tour, he kicks ass!! Best showman after Bono, and musically, funky shit!

REM, Up tour, great performers.

The Frames, in a lecture theatre here in UL, fantastic, really intimate performance, wonderfully talented band.

Asian Dub Foundation, crazy, funky beats.

And the best non-U2 concert WILL BE Witnness this summer
biggrin.gif
Oasis, Chemical Brothers, Air, The Prodigy, Starsailor, The Hives, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Mercury Rev, Badly Drawn Boy, Groove Armada, Tricky, Basement Jaxx, Dandy Warhols, Cornelius.....and more.....can you get a line-up any better?!?! Mmmm...

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Tough one, cause very little comes close to the boys.

The Black Crowes put on an amazing show last summer. At the time I was blown away, but it paled in comparison to the show I saw only a few nights before.
wink.gif

They are a really good live show.... I've seen the Black Crowes about 4 times and I'd have to say they are the 2nd best band I've seen live....a distant 2nd.... but Chris Robinson has ALOT of energy on stage and their music always rocks !!!

I've only seen the Black Crowes once (along with Lenny Kravitz)...unfortunately, it's the only concert that I don't really remember...but I guess they're that kind of band.
wink.gif

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
I've only seen the Black Crowes once (along with Lenny Kravitz)...unfortunately, it's the only concert that I don't really remember...but I guess they're that kind of band.
wink.gif

LOL....yea they're that kind of band.....

Tough to pick just one...there have been many non-U2 nights where I have been wowed. A few that come immediately to mind:
Bruce Springsteen...he is the hardest working man in rock. Seen him 5 times, all great. Most memorable would be in 99 at the Fleetcenter when I sat 4th row on the floor. During encores, security let people go to front of the stage. Quite an experience watching Bruce sing "Born to Run" from about 4 feet away.

Pearl Jam...my 2nd favorite band. Seen 8 shows, all great. Orpheum Theater April of 1994, last scheduled show of Vs. tour, they let the crew pick the setlist. An amzing night filled with rarities. I believe its the last time they played "Dirty Frank" live to this day.

J. Geils Band at the Paradise June of 1999. A supposed "surprise" show (worst kept secret in Boston) before kicking off their reunion tour. Supposed to do 30 minutes as "Juke Joint Jimmy and his House Party 5" opening for Alex Chilton and the Boxtops. Instead Boxtops open, and Geils plays 2 hrs 20 minutes in a 600 person capacity club, which had at least 800 people in attendance.
Other great shows included The Who, the Stones, Nirvana and many more.

Very good thread

The Boss ranks at the top of the list. As Hewson says, he is definitely the hardest working man in show business. My last boss show was his holiday show in Asbury Park. Smiliar if U2 would play Dublin every year.

Ryan Adams, who I saw 6 weeks ago @ Roseland, is an upcoming alternative country artist. If you have the chance to see, definitely go.

Tie between Bruce Sprigsteen and Radiohead

------------------
me3

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Originally posted by Theedge555:

Ryan Adams, who I saw 6 weeks ago @ Roseland, is an upcoming alternative country artist. If you have the chance to see, definitely go.

I adore Ryan Adams--he is so hilarious. I REALLY want to hear his Strokes cover album.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom